***UW-Madison Fall 2018 Transfer Thread***

Mine is gone now as well.

@polysci116 Hope to see something when it appears again. Good luck.

I haven’t I hope to see something soon…getting nervous

Hello all! I am currently a freshman at the University of Duluth with a major in business. I am from the Madison area but I decided to go to school out of state for a year and transfer back to UW Madison for the Fall 2018 semester. Here are my stats below.

First Semester GPA: 3.59
Credits: 16
Taking 14 credits this current semester
2 letters of recommendation. 1 from my college writing teacher and 1 from my high school football coach
Assistant manager for the women’s hockey team (all volunteer hours)
3 clubs which include financial planning club, marketing club and investing club
3.3 accumulative high school GPA

How are my chances?

To be completely honest, I don’t think that you have the best chance. Additionally you don’t have a lot of credits which means your low high school GPA will be considered too. I’d give it a shot if it’s your dreamschool, but I wouldn’t expect too much. Having a higher GPA this semester might help of course.

And FYI for everyone here. My transfer tab hasn’t disappeared. I got a request to submit additional documents yesterday. I think the tab disappearing means that they’re at least looking at your application.

@Vincent1997 when did you submit?

Middle of January I think

I didn’t submit mine until the day before the deadline

Yeah @polysci116 mine was maybe a week before, I’m thinking they are doing them by submission. Someone correct me if i’m wrong.

is there any way they would potentially release decisions sooner?

@cougar2020 I don’t think so. I’ve never heard of such a thing. If I’m not mistaken, last year it seems that decisions were sent out on the 24th of March, or the second to last Friday of March. I believe that is as early as it gets. However, the transfer evaluations tab may reappear a couple days earlier than that, which could be an indicator of acceptance. That would be as early as it could get from what I’ve gathered at least. All of this pertains to those who applied for the Priority Decision period.

has any one else had a problem getting into the student center?

I am able to access it, no evaluation yet though :frowning:

@graves so “No evaluations to display” next to transfer credit is gone for you?

Yeah @graves I still have to whole tab there, are you saying yours is gone?

Hey all! I’m a student at Madison College, 3.6 GPA, got a 4.0 last semester, 50 credits and went to law school in Brazil (where I’m from), but decided to transfer to Madison college before graduating. I have 2 really strong letters of recommendation and 2 strong essays. What do you guys think my chances are?

@graves My transfer tab is gone now too! It was there yesterday… I applied just a few days before the priority date.

Anyone gets something?

@djsfgiwek I wouldn’t expect to see anything, such as a transfer credit evaluation, until at least March 21st-23rd. Anything before the 23rd would seem pretty early. Again, this is just based off of prior year’s threads. Let’s hope I’m wrong and we notice something earlier!