Virginia Tech FA/12 Transfer

<p>On the forum last year it seemed like different majors did get accepted together, but I don’t think it has to do with when you sent your stuff in because I has every thing in by January 15 and haven’t heard anything. I think there is a bunch of people who have chunks of applications and some go through quicker than others, other than the community college kids there really hasn’t been any patterns?</p>

<p>I think if I remember correctly people in this thread have heard back from Architecture and Buisiness. Maybe they’re filling up the difficult to get into majors first? I’m studio art so I feel like I may not be a priority right away.</p>

<p>I don’t think it’s by majors, to be honest I don’t know what it is. </p>

<p>People have been accepted with a 3.3 gpa and 4.0 gpa.
People have been accepted in state/out of state/community college/4 year institutions
People have been accepted from business/architecture/engineering/psycology
People have been accepted if they sent their app in early and some who sent it in late.</p>

<p>VT has a weird way of grouping it.</p>

<p>Haha so the only conclusion reached here is no one knows…maybe alphabetical.</p>

<p>Gid this wait iz killing me… Congrats to all who got the hokie bird…</p>

<p>If it’s alphabetical, i’ve got a long wait ahead of me. Haha, my last name starts with a “Y”. ****.</p>

<p>O God and my last name starts with “R”</p>

<p>I used to work in the admissions office. It’s not alphabetical. Part of it is based on when your applicant was sent in and complete (when your current school’s transcripts were received), and the other part depends on the admissions counselor who makes the decision on your application. Some counselors are able to go through more of the transfer applications than others before the wave, and to my knowledge, there’s no specific way of assigning which counselor gets applications. </p>

<p>Hopefully this helps!</p>

<p>It’s not alphabetical because my name starts with C and I haven’t heard…</p>

<p>and I turned in my application in early December so it’s not that either…</p>

<p>we’d be stupid to think someone doesn’t get priority. I’d say the Harder majors go first, out of state probably gets preference as well…</p>

<p>^ I don’t know what to say to that. I am applying for one of their hardest majors (architecture) and am out-of-state yet my high school transcript has not even been processed yet.</p>

<p>Naw I don’t think out of state gets priority. I would say community college kids do, because if they did the 2 year thing they automatically get in if they have the GPA</p>

<p>I read the thread for transfers/2011 and It seems that some of the applicants had seen the hokie bird on their application on the 28th of March. So I assume we got time. btw here is the link to the page I’m talking about.
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/virginia-tech/1074417-virginia-tech-transfers-fall-2011-a-3.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/virginia-tech/1074417-virginia-tech-transfers-fall-2011-a-3.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>haha ■■■ all their gpa’s were like 4.0’s… shiiitttt</p>

<p>Personally I feel like if they said the next round was sent out around the 23rd and those of us still waiting for the hokie bird haven’t gotten it (including myself) we probably aren’t in this round of decisions, unfortunately! It seems most people get the bird more in advance but who knows! Regardless we all will find out eventually…even if its May 1st. Its a nerve-racking feeling for us all!</p>

<p>And I don’t think there is a specific order they go in because I sent in my application in December, but granted my application was on hold until I sent in my midterm grades. Also they extended the deadline to apply so maybe that has something to do with the number of applicants. I wish everyone the best of luck and jealous of those who have gotten accepted already!</p>

<p>When they say that the next wave/round will be sent out on the 23rd does that mean that that includes rejections, deferred admissions, as well as acceptances?</p>

<p>gahh so nervewracking indeed</p>

<p>It’s only for last year, who knows whats going to happen this year. If you see the hokie bird between the 23rd of March to the 1st of April, that probably means that your accepted. However, this is not going to be the last wave. There are going to be more. God this wait is killing me.</p>

<p>I completed my application on January and my transcripts turned in late in January and I haven’t received my decision. My high school GPA was a 2.7 but my college GPA is a 3.4.
What are my chances of being accepted? and do I need to send in midterm transcripts?</p>

<p>detransfer I have GPAs similar to yours. my hs was a 2.9 and my college GPA is a 3.25. I wanna know what my chances are too</p>

<p>has anyone heard of any ROTC kids being accepted? I’ve been told thats a different process because the head of the rotc or whatever has to look at the application too.</p>