Virginia Tech FA/12 Transfer

<p>my gpa is a 3.42 and I applied as Sociology</p>

<p>wrjosh, to be honest, I think you have a real good shot. Your GPA is good and Sociology isn’t as tough to get into as some of the other colleges. You just gotta keep the faith and hold on with the wait process.</p>

<p>yeah I hope. I’m also applying as a Cadet so hopefully that helps.</p>

<p>The only thing that worries me is I haven’t taken the recommended math and sciences by VT…</p>

<p>I applied on 2/06 and still haven’t received a decision yet! When are they sending out hokie birds? This Friday at 5:00?</p>

<p>The hokie birds are show in advance before your status changes to an acceptance. There isn’t an actual date of when you will get the hokie bird. According to what other people have posted, they are mailing out or sending decisions either Friday or sometime next week, mid April and before May 1st.</p>

<p>Ahh I see, thanks kelc. Anyone else applying to the engineering program as a transfer?</p>

<p>i’m sorry for asking a silly question but the more and more i see people’s stats the more discouraged i get :frowning: </p>

<p>i’m a freshman at JMU and i got a 3.0 my first semester, does that kill any chance i have of getting accepted as a transfer to tech? i’m just wondering if its unheard of someone with a low gpa like mine to be accepted…</p>

<p>jmugirl, what major are you applying for, of it’s not a very common one I’m sure you have a chance!</p>

<p>Hospitality and Tourism Management!</p>

<p>My friend who’s a freshman at tech said its the major with the least amount of people in it however it’s still under Pamplin which is very competitive I thought? Also I was wondering if there’s any chance that I would be able to send in my mid semester grades from the current semester?</p>

<p>quadraca22 I’m an engineering major to.</p>

<p>Has anyone in engineering been accepted yet or gotten the hokie bird?</p>

<p>This was written on the FACEBOOK page about VT Transfers</p>

<p>"Many factors determine when and how a transfer application is reviewed. As you know ,Virginia Tech has a modified rolling admission system. In the first round of decisions priority is given to completed files from students who attended a Virginia Community College. The first round is typically distributed at the end of February and/or the beginning of March. The following rounds of decisions are mailed when the applicant’s file is complete (transcripts received, etc.). Each admissions director is given a college for which to review (Pamplin College of Business, College of Engineering, etc.) Because each college and major has different requirements, it does take time for the directors to review each application and ensure that the individual has met all major and college requirements. Often, once the admissions director reviews files for their college, they then meet with a representative from that college to go over the decisions and ensure that all the requirements have been met for that applicant’s requested major. I know the waiting is tough. Please know that it is our goal to find way to admit the student. As a result, the application review process may take longer for some applicants. The final round of decisions will be mailed in time for decisions to reach transfer applicants by May1.</p>

<p>Best wishes,
Undergraduate Admissions"</p>

<p>To everyone who hasn’t gotten a Hokie bird just yet you are all honestly fine, I’m pretty sure that I don’t have much of a chance of getting accepted into VT for this up coming fall and I got a Hokie bird on Monday.</p>

<p>So keep your heads up, I really do think that they are sending them out depending on when you sent in your application and what school you are applying to.</p>

<p>TechTransfer, what major did you apply for and what’s your GPA? Are you a community college kid? I’m worried about getting into studio art with a 3.3…</p>

<p>No I’m applying from GMU and I got a 3.02 because of my public speaking class, I got B+'s and A’s in everything else but because of my low GPA I highly doubt that they would take me. I can’t really explain why I got the Hokie bird so early… Also has anyone else gotten the email about them checking your fasfa and seeing how much financial aid they are going to award you? Is that a good sign or is it just irrelevant?</p>

<p>That’s definitely a good sign, TechTransfer. What major are you applying for and when did you submit your application?</p>

<p>Physics and it says that my application got signed on 01/03/12. Well that’s good did you get the same email?</p>

<p>I’m a community college student, and I haven’t heard back. Think that’s bad?</p>

<p>Also does anyone know if Human Development is a competitive major to get into?</p>

<p>Jordanne- I’m also at a community college and I haven’t heard anything.</p>

<p>I was probably one of the first people to apply (Dec 7 2011 beat that) and still haven’t heard back…</p>

<p>I’m applying into the Corps so I wonder if they are waiting til after my stay the night date to give me a decision?</p>

<p>Tomorrows the big day!</p>