Virginia Tech FA/12 Transfer

<p>So who’s still left that hasn’t gotten a hokie bird?</p>

<p>I got a hokie bird and I am an engineering major. The admissions office said a decision was made and my credits are being evaluated. She said no decisions are given over phone…guess I’ll have to wait!
My gpa is a 3.84
Mechanical engineering</p>

<p>Has anyone that applied to Pamplin gotten accepted yet?</p>

<p>Still no hokie bird :(</p>

<p>vtlupe, I’m applying pamplin and still no hokie bird…</p>

<p>vtlupe, my friend who applied to pamplin got the hokie bird about a week ago and got accepted last night.</p>

<p>I applied to Pamplin and got accepted, dont worry guys, im sure we will all be fine.</p>

<p>Mind posting your stats? Now that I know people got into pamplin, my confidence just dropped to like 0.</p>

<p>I heard VT’s Human Tourism Management for Pamplin was top-notch. I know many people that got a successful career from earning a HTM degree.</p>

<p>My stats as follows:
First semester : 2.94 GPA (due to full-time work)
Second semester: 3.8 GPA (Quit working at this time)
Third Semester: 4.0
Fourth Semester: currently 4.0 </p>

<p>Current CUM GPA = 3.67</p>

<p>Mine was…</p>

<p>first semester 3.0
second semester 3.3
third semester 2.98 (was pledging)</p>

<p>i have already gotten Bs and As in Geol, Bio, Calc, Acct 1 and 2… plus my HS gpa was 3.67 if i remember correctly.</p>

<p>I still didn’t get anything… Well I just turned in my other college transcript so I will probably be one of the last ones to find out.</p>

<p>Still no hokie bird for me. i’m a human development applicant though.</p>

<p>We’re in the same boat. My stuff just got confirmed two days ago. So the wait begins…</p>

<p>I applied to Pamplin with a 3.81 from GMU…still a freshman so we’ll see what happens…but I still feel that I have a decent chance of getting in</p>

<p>@ DeFrockedX, and ChelseaM …I was accepted to College of Engineering. Received the acceptance letter on March 2nd.</p>

<p>March 2nd?! Are you from a community college though? Because they find usually find out much earlier than the university students</p>

<p>jenny, what did you have to turn in later?</p>

<p>@vthokie123 when did you completed your app?</p>

<p>My midterm transcripts. I was at an art school for my freshman year, hated it, went back for the first semester of sophomore year and left in November for good once it was over. I’m at NOVA CC for this spring, and since it was my first semester there they needed my midterm transcripts. And they took a long time to get together. So I think I’m not finding out until late April.</p>

<p>This is a little random, but…</p>

<p>I’m a freshman at Mary Washington right now, and I’ve applied for Tech transfer into their Engineering program this coming Fall.</p>

<p>I just logged onto the VT page to see if my application status has changed at all, and I noticed something: My ‘Admission Term’ reads “Summer Session II”</p>

<p>I know for a fact that I did <em>not</em> apply for a Summer Session transfer application to Tech’s Engineering program, so this has me, to say the least, a little concerned… Does VT force Engineering transfer applicants into a Summer Session to catch up with the Engineering courses taken by Freshmen this past year? Or do you think there’s been some mistake made here?</p>

<p>Anyways, keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck everyone!</p>