Virginia Tech FA/12 Transfer

<p>Don’t worry… I had to wait till todayy… Just keep the faith.</p>

<p>this just sucks :confused: I finished my application back in January and still nothing.</p>

<p>Haha I’m transferring from Radford University lol yeah i screwed up my
Senior year and ended up at radddy! But I’m a second semester freshman with a 3.75, biology major <yuck. I’m assuming by your name your an engineering major lol</p>

<p>hey all, i ve been reading all the posts nd just found about the bird a few days ago, so i’ve been checking my page for the bird, i was losing hope cause i saw most of the people got the bird except me and few, but finally yesterday evening i got it and got so exited, so those who have not received it yet, keep faith, its just a matter of time (:</p>

<p>What are your stats and major?</p>

<p>3rd semister from vcu. information systems, gpa 3.0 and high school 3.7.
applied to pamplin info system major. i applied early February and got the bird yesterday</p>

<p>Thanks so much! Congrats!</p>

<p>thank you, i hope everyone will get theirs soon, still one month left so its plenty of time, i was really frustrated and now got my hopes back.</p>

<p>Once you get the hokie bird, how do you know if they admit or deny you?</p>

<p>Do you just have to wait for the letter?</p>

<p>Congrats collegeboi. </p>

<p>Patriotsrule, I’m pretty sure they update a section that says ‘Decision’ on your application page and will give you an option to accept or decline admission and then they give you a link to pay your $400 fee to reserve your spot. That’s just what I’ve heard. I have the Hokie Bird but haven’t gotten the official decision. It’s killing me with all of this waiting.</p>

<p>I highly doubt that they’re going to wait until the end of April to give us our decisions because I’m pretty sure this is the 3rd wave and I heard there are going to be 4 waves so I’m assuming we’ll find out our official decisions sometime in mid-april if not by next week.</p>

<p>When I was rejected in high school I never got a bird. So it’s safe to say from what we’ve seen that you’re in if you got one.</p>

<p>haha yeah you caught me… im an engineering major lmao. Im an out-of-state guy, from PA, but i currently attend Syracuse University.</p>

<p>JennyK, they don’t give Hokie Birds to freshman applicants because the whole point of the Bird is an indication for your “Transfer Credit Evaulation.”</p>

<p>I originally thought the same thing as you until my girlfriend, who got accepted as a freshman applicant, brought that to my attention.</p>

<p>But either way, I’m 99.9999 % sure the Bird means you’re in.</p>

<p>SYRACUSE! What brings you to Virginia? Engineering program I’m guessing. You should apply for Illinois! Okay, hi I’ve actually been stalking this thread like a cholo since this Monday and I just checked my status page after not checking it since I submitted my application (probably an hour before the deadline or … more like 1 second, I can’t remember it was very stressful hahah) but I have this infamous hokie bird on it and I see it is a good sign hm…I’m applying for Psychology though which I thought was really easy to get into just because I epicly failed getting into the Architecture school last year so…yea… I am one of those pussies that applied to the easier major just to get in. Sorry. But yes just wanted to say this thread was very helpful and you guys are bau5 for starting it.</p>

<p>Hahahah what we have say ■■■■■ but not p issed. Come on</p>

<p>haha congrats chopstix!!! lol i have seen people in architecture they are crazy! there is no way i would be able to do the stuff they do lmao. But yeah i decided not to apply to tech in high school and i just immediately regretted it! But yeah for the engineering school and I want warmer weather lol :)</p>

<p>Civilengineer, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you’re not going to get the ‘warm’ weather you desire in Blacksburg. Haha it’s probably the most bipolar weather you’ll ever experience and winters are hell.</p>

<p>haha that’s so right. Except this winter wasn’t bad but usually its miserable.</p>

<p>Hahaha yea… get ready for some random @ss weather…</p>

<p>If there are any other business majors out there that thought they had no chance, keep the faith. My buddy, who goes to ODU with me, just got the Hokie Bird today and he has a 3.15. It seems like they’ve been handing out a lot of Birds lately so be on the lookout.</p>