Virginia Tech FA/12 Transfer

<p>haha no trust me I have lived in two of the top 5 snowiest places in the U.S. (Syracuse and Erie). Virginia winter is nothing for people up north lmao. It will be so nice for me</p>

<p>did anybody apply under the GAA who got the hokie bird? i applied to engineering school under the GAA but still no hokie bird yet :(</p>

<p>Civilengineer, do you mind me asking your reasons for transferring from Syracuse? I heard Syracuse is a blast and it’s obviously a great school.</p>

<p>VTtransfer, if its true bout ur say ur 99> sure about the bird , i would be the happiest person now,
Joshzh, i read in the transfer page admission considers 2.5 gpa. so dont loose hope.
Civilengineer i was also wondering what brings u to VA? cause i would attend syracuse if i could afford it.</p>

<p>haha yeah i get that a lot. But, don’t get me wrong Syracuse is a great school, but it just is not the right fit for me. I have been considering VTech since I was a little kid, and I have always loved the place, I was just nervous applying back in highschool being out-of-state. So i decided to take a risk and transfer. I also have a friend that is a freshman there and he absolutely loves it! :slight_smile: Plus the engineering program can’t get any better than Tech. Cuse has been good to me, but i figured i could go to a way better program and for cheaper like you mentioned.</p>

<p>hey everyone! i’ve been stalking this page ever since april 1st when a friend of mine got accepted as a transfer from radford.
i’m a 2nd semester freshman from a school most of you probably haven’t heard of, barry univeristy? it’s in miami florida. just wondering if any communication majors have heard back since i haven’t seen any of those… which i’m taking as a good sign as it not being as competitive. i graduated high school with a 3.0 and got a 3.3 last semester, do i have any sorta of chance??</p>

<p>They don’t look at HS gpa’s when they are deciding to admit you or not.</p>

<p>You should be fine though, as long as you have above a 3.0 which you do you should be good especially since that’s not really a popular major</p>

<p>Oh wow people referring to me as chopstix makes me realize how terrible my username is. But yay, I would say no one should lose hope and yada yada but I really don’t know how this process works and I don’t want to give you false hope so everyone should just stay away from the computer and come back in May!! Truth.
Is this everyone’s first choice?</p>

<p>rxykfox -i’m also applying as a communications major and I haven’t heard anything :\ I applied at the end of January.</p>

<p>patriotsrule, that’s actually not true. If you’re only a freshman transfer applicant then they consider your high school gpa as well as your sat scores. As for sophomore applicants, yes, you are correct. I’ve talked to a bunch of transfers and advisors and that’s what they tell me.</p>

<p>so do we have to wait for their letters or we could see our decisions in our stat page before that?</p>

<p>Decisions will be posted online. And I emailed the person and she said on or before May 4th, so I have to wait even longer :(. This is my top choice so I’m very nervous!! Applied to JMU too and I haven’t heard back.</p>

<p>Oh no! Why do you have to wait until May 4th? Is it your major?</p>

<p>I don’t know! I think so. I applied as a Human Development major, so I have no idea. It is being reviewed now though, and I still haven’t gotten a hokie bird…so I’m really losing hope :(</p>

<p>Naw VThokie, both my admissions counselor and vt undergraduate admissions both said that if your applying as a TRANSFER doesn’t matter what year, they only look at college grades.</p>

<p>HS grades/credits are only used to determine classes. </p>

<p>That was confirmed by my admissions counselor and when I emailed VT undergraduate admissions.</p>

<p>Current College Transcript: An official copy of your current and previous college transcripts. In most cases your application can be reviewed before receipt of your high school transcript, however, a final high school transcript is still required prior to enrollment.</p>

<p>Comes from vt.edu, they don’t even need you HS transcript to make a decision. They just need it before you enroll, therefore they make the decision based off of your college career.</p>

<p>Rxykfox, your friend that got in from radford, do you know their major and GPA? (i go there) I’m worried that it looks bad to go to here lol</p>

<p>Hello everyone, was looking for answers and stubled upon this place. </p>

<p>I did get accepted, checked my app status on April 1st and saw the link to pay the matriculation fee. Right now I’m in NVCC doing an associates in electrical engineering 3.2 GPA and will obtain the degree at the end of summer semester as I have to take it. I am expecting my first C this semester, nothing below a B before that so kinda worried what will happen if God forbid I get a D. Dont want it to get revoked. </p>

<p>Also they selected Summer II but was told in an email that if I wanted to take fall do nothing and it will roll over automatically to the fall semester. But Seeing some posts above which say that Engineering majors start in summer to catch up, do thy offer those classes online because I cant be at two places at one time. </p>

<p>Finally(phew) I moved to the states from Pakistan and completed my O and A levels from Cambridge International Examinations. Grades in O levels (Grades equivalent to 9&10) were great but A level(11&12) were terrible(D’s due to family problems). Seein as though I am a transfer from NVCC, in-state will that affect my acceptance? I havent turned those transcripts in yet. </p>

<p>(Sorry for the long question but I feel my situation might not seem clear without my background)</p>

<p>MominHaq, I’m kind of in the same situation as you in regards to the ‘C.’ I’ve never gotten anything below a B in my first 3 semesters of college but it looks like I’m going to get 2 with a slight possibility of getting 3. As for it getting revoked, I would not worry AT ALL if you are able to get the ‘C’ but unfortunately, if you get a D, they will revoke your acceptance. If you go to their website it’ll tell you what will get your acceptance revoked. I’ll post the 3 reasons that they have listed on their transfer page:</p>

<p>-Your final transcripts are not received by the undergraduate admissions office as directed on the Final Requirements Sheet.
-Your final grades are significantly lower than your previous academic record, indicating a declining performance in your final semester.
-You fail to complete any current coursework, as indicated on your application, or you receive a grade below “C” in any of these courses. Please notify our office in writing if you must withdraw from any classes, or if you will receive any grade lower than a “C”.</p>

<p>If I get a grade below a C and I inform then in writing, does that change anything?</p>