Virginia Tech FA/12 Transfer

<p>@DeFrockedX Ya I just got the hokie bird a few days ago.</p>

<p>@Speddy93 Congrats. I have seen people getting accepted from 4/5 days to around 2 weeks after receiving the hokie bird. The acceptance usually comes in waves. So next time when you will see ppl posting here for getting accepted, you should check your application too :slight_smile: That’s how i found out mine lol. The last acceptance wave showed up 4/5 days after the hokie bird appearance.</p>

<p>Whats gooooodddd can you say victoria secret concert next year?!?!</p>

<h1>leggo</h1>

<p>Just received the bird this morning, best of luck to everyone applying. To those still waiting, yea, it’s daunting to say the very least, but hang in there!! As for me, I just need to make sure I finish strong in order to avoid getting anything potentially revoked. Organic Chemistry, Physics, and Anatomy, let’s get this over with. -_-</p>

<p>Painkiller, biochemistry is a different department at tech!!</p>

<p>has there been any out-of-state people accepted yet?</p>

<p>Oh my badd…</p>

<p>It’s cool! lol I just want to find out :,(</p>

<p>Did you ever call admissions today and ask about the confusing requirements? Here I was freaking out that I might get rescinded because of the possibility of getting a ‘C-’ and now I see on a totally different sheet that it says if you get a ‘C’ or lower. ughhhh.</p>

<p>If anybody has any insight as to the specifics with tech rescinding the acceptances, I would really appreciate the reply.</p>

<p>Since I am at a Community College, There is only solid Letter Grades( A,B,C…) So I guess for us it is a ‘C’ or below. We don’t have C+ or C-, which can be a good thing at times. Just try your best to get a C and Above, you should be fine. The letter that I got today says that if you get below a 2.0 GPA( And other stuff) then there can be a problem. I don’t think anyone belongs in that category. This is all my assumption so don’t take my word… Best of Luck to All :)</p>

<p>Thanks, Painkiller. I currently have a 2 A’s, 2 C+'s and 1 B but unfortunately, I’ve heard that the final exams in the latter 3 classes are ridiculously hard so that is on of the reasons for me worrying. </p>

<p>I’m also nervous about the one section that says you MAY BE rescinded if you get a ‘C’ or below in courses that are required for your major. I feel like that is absurd. Some of my classes, like yours, don’t have a +/- scale so basically what they’re saying is you MAY BE rescinded if you get a 79 in a course? That’s ridiculous. I really wish they were more clear instead of all of these “MAY BE’s” which are so arbitrary.</p>

<p>Just got the bird!! OOS, second year engineering major, GPA= 3.9, application submitted in Jan.</p>

<p>Any other engineer here?</p>

<p>Engineer here, still no luck with a bird though (3.70 GPA, upcoming sophomore). Congrats!</p>

<p>I guess they’re just starting to look at the OOS engineering applications. Don’t lose hope!</p>

<p>Engineer too and still no bird :(. (3.6 GPA after 46 hrs, in-state)</p>

<p>@VTtransfer7 I called and wanted to talk with the Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission since she would be more suitable in this issue but unfortunately couldn’t get her. The regular stuff can’t help much except ordinary situations. I don’t think i can call tomorrow because of my busy schedule. However, MominHaq already talked with her (as posted on page 49) and she said something assuring. According to MominHaq:</p>

<p>“I did call a few days ago and asked if getting a C will get it revoked but the lady on the phone(head of admission) said that doesnt see how one C can cause them to revoke it.”</p>

<p>Then why posting “C OR LOWER” in Spring semester may cause revocation?!!</p>

<p>This is a lesser issue, but is anyone having trouble loading the status check page? I haven’t been able to get in for the past 12 hours. It’s probably nothing but it’s just a blank screen.</p>

<p>Well I appreciate your insight. Here I was freaking out that I may get rescinded because there’s a possibility that I will receive a grade BELOW a ‘C’ in one of my classes and then come to find out, they may revoke it because of an actual ‘C’. I’ll try to give them a call tomorrow but I have 4 classes so if I don’t get a hold of them I’ll give them a call on Thursday.</p>

<p>Good luck to everybody else who are still waiting! Keep the faith!</p>

<p>I am wondering if anyone is going to start in this Summer session II. I don’t know though if the summer session II only applies to the engineering major or to everybody.</p>

<p>I got an email from VT today advising me to take ENGE 1104 or 1114 in the summer session so i can start taking regular engineering courses starting from fall and this way i wouldn’t waste the Fall semester taking just that particular and other non-major courses. I cannot take any other engineering class unless i complete this one.
I am at NOVA and NOVA doesn’t offer the equivalent course.
So did this happen to anyone?</p>

<p>I’m in the same situation as you are. I am also in NOVA and received the same email. I will be taking 6 credits in the summer at NOVA to complete my associates and so cant take anything at Tech. </p>

<p>I took EGR 120 at NOVA, that transfers but for the 2nd one at Tech there is nothing offered at NOVA. </p>

<p>Going back and forth, the person who sent the email said that I will have to take it this fall. (and that class isnt offerred online)</p>