Virginia Tech Regular Decision Thread

3 hours and 8 mins y’all

Time2Shine – do you mean using the browser from your phone to login?

Does anyone know if they also send an email?

Apparently they do not send an email

Thank you, Clig2022!

I am so worried for my daughter based on how competitive I am hearing everyone saying this year is going to be. She really is qualified to be there and has great grades/scores/extra curriculars/volunteer work, etc. The thing is, they are not off the chart. I hope they look at the whole person!

@cllg2022 Yes

Has anyone else noticed that the comment about Honors College notifications is gone (above financial aid notification)? Is that a good or bad sign?

where is everyone seeing Honors College? is there a separate field?

The Honors College information was an error/test and the information was deleted from accounts.

@vthokie2022 Mine disappeared. Probably just a tech glitch as they are updating the site.

@vthokie2022 I see a small chat bubble above the financial aid information. What are you referring to?

@fizzymangoes It used to have a couple sentences under Fall 2018 and Undergraduate.

My Ds portal says and has always said from day 1:

“If you are invited to participate in the Honors College, the word “invited” will be reflected.
Please note: Early Decision notifications for the Honors College will be posted by December 15, 2017 and Regular Decision notifications will be posted by March 15, 2018.”

It hasn’t changed so it provides no cause for hope or despair about acceptance.

I am not expecting her to be invited but I think she will decline the invite if she is. She doesn’t seem to think it offers much advantage for the extra requirements it would convey.

I wouldn’t pay any attention to portal changes.They don’t seem to mean anything from other schools we have heard from.

Been opening up the portal all day to prepare myself for the decision! Definitely eased the anxiety.

@ak2018 For me it’s the opposite lol, I’m trying not to look at it until it’s time!

THEY’RE OUT GUYS

Decisions are up!

Check the portal mine is there