Virginia Tech Regular Decision Thread

TC Williams?

@MoSwimmer66 The letter from VT (see post #600) states there were approx. 12k COE applications for approx. 1,800 spots. So, they definitely gave more than 2% (2,400) offers to fill the 1,800 they are looking for. It was probably somewhere closer to 4,700 offers with an expected yield of around 40% (the % of students accepting the offer) based on PY. So, that would mean the acceptance / offer rate was around 38%. Other options for Engineering in-state…VCU, GMU, UVA, JMU?

TC Williams is not the largest school in VA, I highly doubt only 1 student from that school was accepted into engineering & your acceptance rate stats are wrong. Check the institutional data website for factual information.

@MoSwimmer66 and ODU (personally know many Engineering graduates from there with great jobs) So, all is not lost and there are many other options within Virginia. Best of luck.

My Son is accepted in COE, and online portal shows the congratulations!! But we have not received any email yet. Anybody else??

I don’t think VTech sends email.

I don’t believe they send an email. You get the notification on your portal and a package in the mail.

Thanks!! Was confused since someone posted text from a congratulatory email earlier in the thread.

my S accepted but to second choice, neuroscience, not first choice engineering - why do you think?

@Jay2018 I believe that was a screen shot of their computer screen decision…if it is the one I saw.

My S accepted into his second choice also. 4.2+/33ACT but no ec’s in engineering fields/in state/urm

S was accepted into engineering at UVA but not sure where he’ll end up. He’s a little bit undecided probably why he didn’t get into engineering.

@AnneShirley I will reconfirm that I am the counselor who received the email referenced in your post #597. I received it late in the afternoon on 3/2, last Friday. OOS.

Does anyone know how hard it is to switch into a major within a specific college at VT? I was accepted for Biochem in the College of Science but I put that major when I applied back in November and I realized now that that’s not the direction in science I want to go to. How would I go about switching into Bio or Cognitive before choosing classes?

Waitlisted 3.8W, 1210 SAT, non engineering, 4 year varsity athlete, leadership, 160+ service, very strong essays, legacy.

Does anyone know how the waitlist works. I’ve heard it is totally random like drawing names out of a hat. I can’t believe that is how it works.

guys, My friend applied to Virginia Tech but accidentally forgot to paste in the Essay when submitting the application.
He has a 1400 sat, 800 Math ii Subject test, 730 Math I subject test, 690 chemistry subject test, and a 4.00 g.p.a
He really wants to attend Virginia tech, if he gets declined can he appeal and send in the missing essays?
B.T.W he applied to COE

My daughter was waitlisted last year. Virginia Tech did not pull anyone from the waitlist. Hope it works out better for you this year

@vader123 He should call admissions and ask. Doesn’t he already have a decision?

I’m an International Applicant (Nigerian).
I was rejected from my 1st choice major i.e. Architecture, but was offered admission in my second choice major (which I randomly selected) , Building Constrcution XD

But I got into California Polytechnic SLO for the undergraduate Architecture program.