Virginia Tech Regular Decision Thread

My S18 received his accepted student packet to CoE on 3/8 k we live in northwest NJ. Maybe they mail them by school you applied to??

My daughters arrived in NOVA on the 7th. She was admitted to CAUS/Visual Art. 18000 packets are a lot for Blacksburg PO to process so could just be a volume issue.

Just got the mail and found my offer packet waiting for me. :slight_smile:

@Is2018 – glad it’s not just us… thanks for that…

I get the PO in Blacksburg was swamped, but we live less than 4 hours away from the school… That mail usually takes on a bad week 3 days max…

has anyone just found out from Honors college or all of them out by now

Wondering the same thing…are all honors decisions and merit scholarships out by now?

I think honors invites are done but, as far as I know merit awards are still to come.

@PhilipM Do you have a sense of what size Merit Awards OOS Students can reasonably expect?

Haven’t a clue

Thought it worth asking as you have been na good resource of information here. Not expecting much aid…but am hopeful for something material.

FinAid comes out Monday so I assume we will hear about it then.

@Clueless Leader

Last year my S got a $6,000 Freshman Scholarship - good for one year.

Many other kids got Provost Scholarships of $3,000 to $7,000 - good for all 4 years.

We were grateful for the Freshman Scholarship but the Provost is much more valuable, obviously.

Good luck!

@STEM2017

Did your S scholarship notification come in with financial aid package or did that come as separate item.

The reason I ask is if financial aid is suppose to be in portal tomorrow will all scholarships be included?

So nothing tomorrow means $0 scholarships or could they still be awarded later. Thanks

@STEM2017 Thank you for the feedback good citizen! I would be grateful for any help from VT, but preparing for the worst. Thanks!

@red98blue I’m pretty sure they were listed in the portal when financial aid packages were released.

Fingers crossed for some $$$!

Aid will be released tomorrow for those who file the FAFSA early.

Any guesses on what time the financial aid portal opens up tomorrow?

It just states on portal, 3/12 with no time indicated.

Either on Twitter or their site it said 12 midnight Monday, March 12… Not sure if that’s tonight or tomorrow…