Virginia Tech Regular Decision Thread

@ZArchitecture @PhilipM Are you guys international or in the U.S.? We’re in the U.S., and my son received a packet in the mail, but I think @colorful123 and @Merapi42A are international.

We are US not international. But why wouldn’t VT send packages to international students? Last I checked, they have mail overseas. :slight_smile: Would be an odd choice, but I guess something to ask Office of Admissions.

Yes, there is mail overseas, but a little more expensive to ship something overseas…me thinks.

@tonypa guess they do not send packages to international students or it takes some time to reach us

@ZArchitecture @tonypa what does the acceptance package include?

Not much to it. A letter that is a little more celebratory than the “Congratulations, send us $400” note on the portal and some info on next steps that you can probably find on the website.

DD, OOS (NC), 4.0 1300 accepted but no merit…offered the same $5500 subsidized loan. Looking like a NC school for her! It’s too bad, she love VT and we would have seriously considered making up some of the difference but full ride OOS tuition when we have some great schools in NC just isn’t an option.

@phillipsm @colorful123 I havent received any package in mail. I received email and portal notification only. International student from Indonesia

@Merapi42A Same here. Haven’t received it either. International student from india

@UNCCH1 Same situation, DD, OOS(NC) got accepted and did receive $5000 Ut Prosim Scholarship. But that is still a long way from in-state tuition at NC State - which is also a great school (especially for the price):-))

My daughter’s application information is no longer available in the VT Guest Access Information Portal. We have not notified them yet (I don’t think). Did anyone else have their application, etc. go missing?

@MESMES My daughters info is still accessible. The only difference from when she was first notified of her admittance decison is that under decision it now says “acceptance” to refelect her having accepted and paid the enrollment fee. If you daughter doesn’t have the option to accept admittance via the portal should should call admissions.