Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2018

@isiziz if this year is like the last few years notifications will start around early March and run through the 1 May.

From the RD threads, info is those notices will not go out until 15 Mar. Given that, I doubt the first transfer notices go out before the last Friday in March, at the earliest.

I can’t find it on their website anywhere – do transfer students need letters of recommendation???

@acceptancewoohoo Tech doesn’t require nor recommends letters of recommendation. You’re good

Emailed tech on not having my college & HS transcripts received yet. Told me to notify them by the end of February if they’re still not received.

Anyone here apply VCCS GAA? Since you applied at same time as other Transfer applicants do you have wait to be notified on the same timeline as the rest of us transfers?

Im a first year student at a small liberal arts college but I am academically listed as a sophomore due to dual enrollment courses I had taken in high school. before my first year in college, I had already received credits for freshman english, science, and only half for math (passed pre calc but not calc). To make up for math I am currently in stats. I have a 3.5 GPA and I am trying to transfer into political science at tech. All the courses I am taking this semester are revolved around my major and are equivalent to the courses required for VT poly majors. My sister is enrolled at Virginia Tech as a junior and is doing very well (I’ve heard siblings that do well increases the chances of getting in). What are my chances? I really hope I can get in. It would be a dream come true.

NVCC student looking to transfer after 2 semesters. Taking all transferable courses and have 2 fully completed semesters by last week of March.
1st Semester: 4.0 GPA w/ 14 credits
2nd Semester: 4.0 GPA w/ 19 credits
HS GPA: 3.0-3.2 (sucks I know)
SAT: 1400/1600

@hokietransfer123 are in state? Your transfer GPA and pre-reqs look good and data from last year 72 of 100 transfers in Poly Sci were accepted. With <1 year at college, HS record will play some part. I’d say you have a great chance. Good luck, and I hope you realize your dream.

@uvact123 what major, and what courses in English/math/science have you taken and currently taking?

Economics. I haven’t taken any sciences yet but I’ve taken both levels of calculus, one level of statistic, both levels of economics, a business, and 5-6 more liberal arts classes that would satisfy Economics general ed. For English, I have the sufficient AP credit for Literature.

I am hoping in fact for an acceptance and see my path to be easier since I am not applying to engineering.

@uvact123 I’d say the 1 possible weakness in your resume is the lack of a science class, since they give preference to students with college coursework in math/science/English (per their website). Other than that you look strong with your current gpa, other pre-reqs, and SAT score.

So first decision are made in this upcoming month. ? March?

@ihopeigetintoVT Yes I am in state. Thank you so much for replying

@Transfer2k18 with all freshman RD decisions going out 15 Mar it’s safe to say transfers will be later than that. It probably depends if they will release all transfer decisions on same day (maybe likely) or in groups every couple weeks. If all on same day I’d guess 13 Apr but that’s just a wild a. guess and not based on anything I’ve heard.

Ahh I see. I didn’t take any science classes because I am also applying to UVA for Pre-commerce and is my target and science isn’t mentioned in their required classes.

@uvact123 I still think you will get in.

@trout812 I am guessing they will send you an email if you get accepted?

@Transfer2k18 if I remember right, last year my friend received an email telling her to check her application status in her account.