Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2018

Any idea when decisions come out? I’m planning on sending my final grades from my CC around April 1st and I want the grades to be considered for admissions. When would my decision come?

@uvact123 I called a couple weeks ago and got the standard answer of by 1 May. Unsure if transcripts sent on 1 Apr would get matched to your record in time or if they would even consider them. But you never know.

Was just curious because if decisions come out by mid april or before, my transcript would not make it in time for it to have an impact on my decision.

Let’s just pray that they start notifying in early March!

No doubt, waiting 2+ more months would be quite painful.

Good news is freshman decisions will now be 5 March (per VT admissions) so hopefully transfer decisions won’t be too far behind.

So when are transfer decisions made? march or April?

also, in the online application, who do you know whether you’re accepted or not?

@Transfer2k18 1 May but they will work to try to get them done sooner (per Facebook today). Application Status on your guest account.

3.56 GPA transferring from George Mason University. Applying to biochemistry major. Taken all of the recommended courses to make me competitive. Currently taking the second semester of math and English this semester. Anyone know my chances of getting accepted?

is it true engineering applicants dont hear until mid/the end of April?

@acceptancewoohoo as far as I know all transfers are on the same timeline. We just don’t know what that is this year.

Accepted probably. I wouldn’t think high school stats even mean much at this point. I guess if you did well in high school, you could still get in without doing too well in college. But you’ve seem to have done pretty well your first year. I would try and get even better grades my 2nd semester to seal the deal.

@harrisk

@trout812 it just looked like engineering applicants always heard in the second wave not the first wave in previous threads

Hey guys, just wondering I also applied to VT and I saw your comments about sending high school transcripts. I never submitted mine and I called and asked them and they said once your offered admission you have to submit them to show that you graduated high school. So I didn’t submit mine, what about everyone else?

Also I’m applying for Business Information Technology. Currently my first year of college at NVCC and here are my stats
(dual enrollment in high school)
ENG 111:A
ENG 112:B

(fall 2017)
MTH 163 (precalc):A
BIO 101: A
ITE 115:A
PSY 201:A
SDV:A

GPA: 3.85, I’m really mad about my GPA cuz I could have had a 4 but I got a B in eng 112 from dual enrollment in high school grrr.

I also talked to a tech representative at a transfer fair earlier and she said for business majors to have eng 111+112 and your science electives done as well as mth 271 (which I’m taking this semester) so I think I’m good with the core classes but still so nervous ahhh, good luck to us all!

did you applied to the business school

@Transfer2k18 ya I did

You need to submit a midterm report or something.