Virginia tech Transfer students

<p>I checked my status again this morning, and the admissions offer is back up.</p>

<p>i also applied to the socy dept. and actually talked to the undergraduate admissions lady there, they told me last week they didn’t have a decision on my application. i also dont have a hokie bird on my application and i checked today, i’m FREAKING OUT i applied jan. 3rd and i had apllied last year too but get waitlisted then denied =/… the socy dept said i was great except i needed to take the math and science which i’m going to do this summer, i e-mailed the transfer dept. asking about online classes, but then i read this right after. idk i probably wont get in
i have really low sats
i had LOTS of extra curriculars from HS
my college gpa is a 3.06 =/
my hs was 3.65
i’m from VA
and now go to UMD, but would LOVE to be at tech instead</p>

<p>wow just realized i didn’t even put my extra curriculars in my application, idk if they’ll look at my app from last year too OMG i totally didn’t get int :"(</p>

<p>jdotsalsa - Tech admissions offers go out in waves, so not hearing anything during this one doesn’t mean anything. They have another month to go through applications. I haven’t heard anything either, and I have a 3.6.</p>

<p>brishe- thanks but my app was sent in january which is pretty early =/ i’m just sooo nervous thats all i wanna be hokie</p>

<p>sorry for freaking out on this website, i can’t help it i’m so anxious now. so last year before i got into tech w/a letter they sent me an e-mail that i could check my status for admission online. is that still the case?</p>

<p>hi everyone! like most of you i’m sitting here anxiously waiting for decisions to come out. i think i check my status page at least 50 times a day. but here are my stats:</p>

<p>hs gpa = 3.3ish
1st semester gpa at vcu = 3.571
major: biology
SAT: math = 660, reading = 600
credits: 15 for first semester, 11 from hs</p>

<p>i just called admissions again and they said decisions come out some time early next week and from then out they’re sent out on an ongoing basis. i asked about the hokie bird and they said they’re not aware that it has any significance.</p>

<p>I initially missed the deadline and applied once they extended it to March 4. I’m surprised that I heard back as early as I did.</p>

<p>yeah i hate waiting…When someone hears back please post on here so everyone else can know what’s going on! goodluck to everyone!</p>

<p>hmmm…I’m kind of surprised I didn’t get in with the first wave since I’m coming from a VCCS with a ton of credits and a 3.9 gpa. Do they wait until May 1 to send out rejections? I think theres a chance I might not get in since I have a horrible high school record :(</p>

<p>ihatemonday, I had a 3.79GPA at mason and i applied to tech ee…I have not heard back either and i called admissions. they told me that hearing back in the first round does not mean you have a better application than others. I am very nervous too, but we will hear back sometime this month…</p>

<p>it may have something to do with what department we applied to. i applied to pamplin and have not heard back yet. anyone else business?</p>

<p>i applied to sociology, i feel like i’m not getting in because i didn’t take a science or a math at the school i’m at now :frowning: it wasn’t required/ i wasnt planning on taking it until the summer anyway! ugh i wish i knew that would hinder my application, also i didn’t send in a resume because on the transfer app i coudln’t find a place to add it… i should of just e-mailed it with a recomendation which i didn’t do also! ughhh i didn’t realize how bad i wanted to leave me school UMD until last minute</p>

<p>To 10ctr10,</p>

<p>I also applied to business and haven’t heard back yet. I’m getting antsy.</p>

<p>I applied to business too and i haven’t heard. My friend applied to biology and heard already</p>

<p>@lrchuck - what school is your bio friend currently at? i know nvcc students hear earlier than others. i’m not really sure why.</p>

<p>@surfwakesnow165, what school are you currently at?</p>

<p>That is not necessarily true. I go to NVCC and I am still yet to hear back from them. I sent in my application on 2/7/11. I applied as a biochemistry major</p>

<p>spark10, he goes to the university of south carolina now</p>