Virginia tech Transfer students

<p>^ I’m with you 100% on that. They really need to let transfers know so that they can look for off-campus housing. Its crazy they wait last minute on “us”.</p>

<p>yea this whole waiting thing is getting really annoying</p>

<p>the admissions office told me that there will be a release of transfer acceptances in two weeks. then the last one will come out may 1st… She assured me that the ppl who heard back already does not mean that they were the best of the best applicants</p>

<p>oh whats all this talk that I have been reading about some of us will find out this week?</p>

<p>that’s what i was told last week but now they’re saying otherwise.</p>

<p>^ Are you guys speaking to the same person on the phone? Maybe someone should ask the director of office undergraduate admissions? I think her names Mildred Johnson? I might call later this week if I do not hear from Tech. </p>

<p>Best of luck to all of us! :)</p>

<p>has anyone gotten a hokiebird on their status page recently? like within the past week?</p>

<p>Nope :frowning: I’ve been checking mine multiple times a day</p>

<p>i have not gotten a hokiebird…</p>

<p>From what I know about admissions, when you get your acceptance is dependent on when whoever your counselor is gets to reviewing your application. Each counselor has different applications (I don’t know how it’s assigned) and some get more done than others - those are probably the ones that have already found out. Some also have less applications than others, some get ones that have the Guaranteed thing with CCs, some have applications that were reviewed on site.</p>

<p>It’s true that people who have already found out are no better than those who haven’t. Admissions doesn’t pre-sort applications based on GPA or test scores or anything. They just take them as they get them, then send them off to the admissions counselors.</p>

<p>The director of admissions also has her own applications to do, I doubt you’d be able to get on the phone with her.</p>

<p>As a transfer, I know how terrible the wait is…but I also know that there’s more to the admissions process, so it’s understandable that they make transfers wait as well. And its obvious that admissions put priority on the incoming freshmen, so since the final deadline for that just recently passed, you can’t expect too much from them.</p>

<p>Another note- unless you have people here at Tech waiting on you about housing, you shouldn’t worry. Figuring out housing between now and May is not that much different from doing it in early March or even February. There is ALWAYS off campus housing available. And the popular places that do fill up seemed to mostly be full by January, anyway.</p>

<p>I have a quick question but don’t think it’s important enough to make my own thread… I got accepted as a Psychology major but would like to major in Animal Sciences, Pre-med, or Biology… How do I switch?</p>

<p>^ I’m pretty sure you have to apply to that college. Which from what I hear moving from college to college in a school can be harder then getting into the school in the first place. If not I would’ve applied to tech with a major they are lacking haha</p>

<p>so i just looked at the vtadmissions facebook page and they said that a round of transfer decisions was mailed yesterday (April 4) and the next round will be mailed on April 15th…good luck to everyone!!!</p>

<p>and does anyone know if your status page changes if you are rejected? or does it just stay the same?</p>

<p>yea I just read that too on their facebook page, I guess its time to anxiously check my mail instead of refresh my status page. And I have no idea but I would love to know the answer to that as well.</p>

<p>^ I’m wondering the same thing! Exciting week ahead haha.</p>

<p>AHH This is so exciting! Though I’ll admit I’m a little peeved at the inconsistent/varied responses from admissions about notifications. Hopefully this facebook update is accurate.</p>

<p>yeah, the inconsistency with answers is really annoying. i called like 5 times yesterday and they all said they weren’t sending out decisions that day. i wonder why they said differently…</p>

<p>yea I just emailed them and they said its true, they also told me my application is still under review so I guess I will be waiting another two weeks:(</p>

<p>Nothing again :(</p>