Virginia tech Transfer students

<p>mphokie, when did you send in your application?</p>

<p>if you call and give your app id number, they can tell you whether your application is still under review or if a decision has been sent out. my app is still with the review committee so i won’t find out til the 3rd or 4th week of april.</p>

<p>Hi everyone! I’m trying to transfer to VT from RU… has any Business majors heard back yet? I feel like if we haven’t heard back yet then we still have a few more weeks to wait. And Has anyone got accepted without a Hokie Bird on their page? I’m so over waiting!</p>

<p>^ Hey Barbieme, I am a business major and have not heard back yet. If you check out the VT Undergrad Facebook page they stated that Monday they mailed out acceptance packages. </p>

<p>Also, a guy I know from high school (easily had a 2.0 GPA) got in today. Which ether kills all my hopes and dreams or just really confuses me on what hes been doing the past 2 years? Haha… Anyways best of luck to everyone!</p>

<p>OMG LUCKY! I wonder if his online status page changed? Because I keep reading the VT facebook and they keep saying decisions will show up online at the end of April - so that confuses me. I just want to know if I should be expecting my status page to change! Anyways thanks for the info!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONEE!!!</p>

<p>@Barbieme. I am a business major at RU as well. I called today and they said my application is still under review. I got all my stuff in in January which i would think is pretty early. I bet business majors will be in the last two rounds. But if i dont get in i’m screwed for finding a place in Radford to stay. Im not too worried about housing in Blacksburg</p>

<p>I’m LIVING in Blacksburg next year so I will be so mad if I have to commute to RU!! But I hate being the last to find out I know a few people here (both comm majors) that have already found out! How do you check to see if your application is still “under review” ?? And I just want to know how they do this application process because if you applied in January that was a long time ago!! I applied early of Feb.</p>

<p>i called the admissions office and gave them my application ID #. i hate waiting this long. if you dont mind me asking, what were yours and your friends first semester GPAs?</p>

<p>I have a 4.0!
my friends had a 3.4 and 3.8 !
Can you tell me where I can find my application ID number please??</p>

<p>Omg. I’m stupid, it’s on my application status page! SO, Just kidding!! What was your GPA 10ctr10?? Classes??</p>

<p>call undergrad admissions: 5402316267 and give them your application ID number which is listed on your online status page. the first 3 digits are 905.</p>

<p>I had a 3.5. econ105, core101, socy110, math126, and bio103(which apparently isnt going to transfer. when i met with an advisor at tech last summer she said the class i absolutely had to have was math126. so i hope getting an A in that will help me. i just want to hear back, i dont even care what the decision is at this point</p>

<p>What is the significance of the Hokie Bird? One showed up on my status page this morning with a message that my transfer credit evaluation is complete, but when I click the link it says it’s not ready yet. Still doesn’t say if I’ve been accepted or not.</p>

<p>peter, this is alex we met in the study room at mason a couple weeks ago. just wanted to let you know i found out that i got into tech last wednesday! ill keep my fingers crossed for you. i tried finding you on facebook but i guess this is the next best thing</p>

<p>hahaha i remember you alex! my name is Peter Quan what’s your fb name?</p>

<p>i have the hokie bird. i’m not exactly sure what it means, but according to this bird, it is good news. i’m hoping for good news though.</p>

<p>lrchuck, I sent all mine in on late january but I actually have a connection with the admissions people and I email them on their personal email and they asked for my mid-semester grades last week so now I am just waiting on that</p>

<p>Does anyone know how important it is to have the required classes (two maths and two sciences). I have taken two maths and one science, and if I get in, I plan to take another science class over the summer (which I included on my application). I was wondering if anyone might have any input about how badly it may hurt my chances during the admissions process because I dont have that science during my first semester. Thanks</p>

<p>I’ve heard of a few people with great GPA’s being rejected because they didn’t have a well rounded assortment of classes but I think if you’ve taken note of it then you should be okay.</p>

<p>@spark10 do you know what types of classes those people you know took?</p>