Virginia tech Transfer students

<p>This year I think transfers are really odd. I have a friend whosbest friend is a “Classics?” major (wants to be a archeologist) at GMU? Who has a 4.0 and she got denied. While a guy I know at community college here has a 2.7 and was accepted even without his degree. Also, a friend at JMU who got denied with a 2.9ish today. Scary stuff!</p>

<p>wow that community college guy really lucked out</p>

<p>the cc guy probably did the 2yr transfer guarantee program or something similar. maybe the 4.0 student at gmu didn’t have a good variety of classes? idk, that seems to be the case for some people. or they didn’t fulfill enough freshman requirements. i have a 3.57 as a bio major. i don’t know what my chances are =/</p>

<p>how does the gmu guy know he got denied?!?</p>

<p>The GMU student is probably a freshman applicant with a weak high school gpa. One semester of straight As = not that impressive, especially when coupled with a mediocre high school transcript.</p>

<p>I am at GMU and i have not heard anything yet!!! I got waitlisted last year and had a 3.79GPA my first semester… This is so stressful</p>

<p>@Paaquan, what’s your major?</p>

<p>Engineering…</p>

<p>@wilsontwine, i don’t really remember but it was something like the person was planning to take a math class in the summer and i guess he/she didn’t have any math courses on their transcript</p>

<p>electrical engineering</p>

<p>Both of my friends from RU are freshman and got accepted based on their 3.8 and 3.4 GPA first semester! Also I met with an advisor at Tech and she told me admissions only uses High School transcripts to make sure you took the foreign language requirements!</p>

<p>I just got into UMD, which is instate for me, so I’ll probably decline admission fairly soon. Good luck everyone! I hope that you all get into VT, its an awesome school!</p>

<p>@Barbieme, do you know what majors your friends are?</p>

<p>Both were comm. majors.</p>

<p>4.0 at RU, 3.1 HS rejected.</p>

<p>danielv4, I am sorry to hear you were not admitted. Did you get a letter in the mail or did you find out on-line?</p>

<p>yeah daniel how did you find out?!? and i’m sorry to hear that man…</p>

<p>i got a letter in the mail no change to my status page though. everything happens for a reason i guess</p>

<p>i’m sorry daniel! do u mind me asking what major you applied for? did you take a schedule that resemebled tech’s recommended one?</p>

<p>i did not take a schedule that is what tech wanted because when I entered college I had no idea what I wanted to do midway through the year I declared my major as Biology and took classes that tech wanted, but I guess by then it didnt make a difference.</p>