Virginia Tech's Class of 2020!

@ok0k987 International student. Saw it in the application summary (after you click on Fall 2016).

@elysium305 thank you for the update. I wish the best for you ^^

@elysium305 bro i havent received my decision yet.There is nothing in application summary

he is international so that has something to do with it.

if you want to know what it looks like when you find out, look up #vt20 on twitter or instagram. or just wait an hour and a half.

@Srijith97 Then maybe you’ll get yours after 5 pm…

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear today!

They are in, my S got waitlisted we are from MA

I got rejected from virginia tech with Math Act-34 and English Act-26

Waitlisted with a 1900 SAT. Oh well.

@Srijith97,Who knows what was the deciding factor was, maybe your ACT English or perhaps something else. My S had a 34 composite, with his math being 32, E 35, Sci 36, R 36; and was deferred by GT, yet he is in the top 1% nationally. We were honestly surprised, but you have to take a step back from your emotions. Each school has to make choices and it isn’t personal, although it can feel personal at times. With your outstanding math score, I’m sure you will have some excellent schools to choose from. So my advice is embrace your opportunities and don’t dwell on the schools that may not work out.

My daughter was waitlisted. As she said, it’s better than a rejection but probably won’t work out in her favor.

@WeSayWarEagle Bro u dont know how I am feeling right now.I got rejected from uiuc,georgia tech and getting rejected from virginia tech is the last straw.I feel hopeless.Yeah ur son got deferred by georgia tech with act-34 but he would have probably been accepted at virginia tech.There is a huge difference between virginia tech and georgia tech.

I got in University studies with:
3.4 GPA UW
1950 (1350) SAT
2 APs
decent ECs
I’m wondering about the stats of waitlisted students. I was waitlisted to most of the other colleges I applied to, so it’s a big relief getting in.

Waitlisted for Microbiology with a 3.66 UW GPA and 2080 (620 M, 770 CR, 690 W) SAT, but I’m from Nova. Not really expecting an acceptance because they didn’t accept any waitlisted kids last year. Oh well.

Guys I am appealing because I my scores crossed their 75th percentile(Act math-34 and Act englsih-26).That is equal to SAT-1370(Critical reading+Math).I dont see any rational reason why they rejected me but accepted people with 1500s and 1600s into general engineering.I wasnt even waitlisted.What do u guys think?Was there an error in processing my applications.Help me out here guys

I know it must be a difficult day for you. You may still be able to attend VT or GT though. It may require you to attend a community college or another school for a year or two, but then you could transfer. My bet is you’ll look back on this in 10 years and you’ll see it as nothing more than a bump in your path to greater things. Keep believing in yourself and persist in your dreams.

@GuateMom I crossed the requirements and I got rejected.Atleast I deserve an explanation in why they rejected me.Can u give me tips on how to get that explanation.

@Srijith97 I believe requirements for admission for international students are far more stringent than for US nationals. Keep in mind you’re not entitled to admission to any institution. Good luck with your appeal.

Guys does anybody believe I should be admitted into general engineering

Va Tech has said that they do not want rejected COE students filling up US so my suggestion is to call or email Tech and asked to be reconsidered for a different major or call and ask them to go over you application with you and expatiation what the deciding factor was. With your scoreing i would belive you would have been accepted.

I was offered a “conditional offer of acceptance” i have to attend the summer academy.

Stats
1460 SAT total
Math:460
Reading:530
I’ve taken multiple AP and Dual enrollment class
i have 4.0 gpa(4.0 scale)
Also multiple community and extracurricular activitys