Yale University Admissions Fall 2022

It means the two schools have different ways of handling updated information.

Also, “we added it to your application” does not mean “we will review it”. At this point all decisions will already have been made so I very much doubt they will read through the new material you sent. Sorry.

Does everyone else’s portal say “The Admissions Checklist has been deactivated temporarily for all first-year applicants.”?

1 Like

yes

2 Likes

Yes can’t even see the financial aid checklist anymore.

yes

Did you apply to safety schools?
NYU RD comes out tomorrow. Hang in there.

I already got waitlisted ED nyu stern . I’m almost certainly taking a gap year unless miracle happens on ivy day.

1 Like

Parent here. Good luck with Yale Thursday! Getting the late interview is probably a better-than-neutral sign. I wonder about the logic of taking a gap year BECAUSE of college results (as opposed to other legitimate reasons to take a gap year). You’re planning to study business, right (mentioned NYU Stern)? Why give up a year of adult earning potential for a “name brand” undergrad? Could be a half a million dollars. If you have so-called “safety” options, don’t look down on them just because you knew you’d get into them. Just a thought. Note that lots of folks (most folks?) take time off between undergrad and MBA, and that’s a further delay in earnings…

3 Likes

Good advice. My d is taking a gap year-was planned even before she applied to grow bit more and get some life experiences.

Its not just college results. I didn’t get much scholarship money for the safety I did get into and so I don’t feel comfortable burdening my parents with 55k tuition when I can reapply next year and surely do better.

Ok, finances can be a valid reason but a “safety” is also one that is affordable. Sounds like it wasn’t a true safety then.

I would be careful with this. And I mean this with good intentions, not to discourage you.

You may want to thoughtfully consider what will make next year better. Will you have gained specific accomplishments or experiences that will move the needle? Or are you simply banking on writing better essays, etc? With the latter approach there is no guarantee that next year will be any different.

4 Likes

Well there were a number of problems with my application, namely one being that I didn’t include honors, I didn’t describe my ECs correctly, I forgot to include others, I didn’t include AP exam scores. Just alot of mistakes on my end that probably couldve resulted in positive things

I would think decisions have already been made. It’s unfortunate because my son was just awarded the Amazon Future Engineers Scholarship and would have added it to his app.

7 Likes

Why is Yale not sending emails?

Seems unprofessional, doesn’t it?

Is there a consensus on whether having both a mailing and permanent address is a good sign? With checklists deactivated, I imagine decisions are beginning to be uploaded and there might be some changes for those accepted/rejected.

1 Like

The only consensus so far is that we have no clue what to make of anything on the portal.

1 Like

Does everyone still have their withdraw button?

yes

1 Like