Yale University Admissions Fall 2022

Not terribly hopeful having been through this horrendous process once before with a terrible outcome unfortunately:( This kid has exact same academic stats but much more leadership & excellent ECs including Girl Scout Gold Award & 6 years Presidential Service awards but I still want this all to be done with:( I’ve learnt that absolutely nothing is guaranteed, even with non Ivys…

4 Likes

I feel the same. I am also disappointed with the amount of pressure that kids are put through. Something needs to be done or we will continue to create highly anxious kids.

5 Likes

Totally agree…glad this is my last go-round (unless grad school :crazy_face:)

1 Like

Went through the process with D19 accepted REA (not to Yale but another REA Ivy). Fast forward 3 years later with twins and the GC at the school made it very clear that the process which has been rather taxing and anxiety-provoking for years on end (often more for parents than the kids) is even more unpredictable for the last 2 cycles. There are no givens or slam dunks. I wish everyone well and hope that our kids’ lists of schools they’d welcome attending will produce a couple of happy moments ultimately. Good luck to all.

8 Likes

D was contacted a few days ago for an alumni interview. So if you didn’t get one yet, keep an eye on your emails. I figured she wouldn’t get one at this point.

4 Likes

Still waiting

No interview for my daughter in NJ yet. She submitted her app on Dec 20th.

Does anyone know what percentage of applicants generally get an interview?

My son’s interviewer said it’s around 50%

2 Likes

How much follow-up do you have with a candidate after the interview?

While I offer to answer any further questions, usually I get a thank you note and that’s it unless they get in.

Do you find out ahead of time if they get in, or at the decision date?

We find out after the students are notified.

Have the interviews concluded for Fall 22 admissions? My daughter in NJ has been waiting for one! Thank you!

March 1 is the last indicated date for interview assignments. To give a frame of reference, there are less than 6,000 interviewers who each year provide about 18,000 interview reports. This year there are over 50,000 applicants, so only about 1/3 of applicants will be interviewed unless Yale has gotten interviewers to up their number of interviews. Also remember that each interview requires 2-4 hours each of volunteers’ time (1-2 hour interview; 1 to 2, maybe more to write the report), so many volunteers limit the number of interviews they are willing to do to 3 or fewer.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for the detailed response, appreciate it!

Also, I see on the Yale website that they’re prioritizing interviews for applicants from whom they need more information.

So I have assumed it’s perfectly ok to not get an interview (and my D hasn’t).

1 Like

Thank you!!! appreciate your response always…

2 Likes

We live in West Coast AZ, didn’t get anything from Yale yet — probably D does not have a chance - now that we are approaching March …
If anyone gets interview in AZ for RD , please let us know

3 Likes

We are in the same boat from CT. Not taking it as a good sign!

1 Like