2010 Acceptances and Decisions Thread

<p>xcross, what were some of your stats and what state are you from?</p>

<p>Illinois, 33 ACT, 3.97 GPA</p>

<p>Accepted!
I only got a 27 on my ACT, so anyone who didn’t get a 30+ shouldn’t stress about it.</p>

<p>um…i got a 30 & i’m postponed :|</p>

<p>The decisions came out today?!</p>

<p>^ I am sorry. I hope you get in in RD… :(</p>

<p>Yes, don’t stress if you are in the top 5% of your class with a 3.9 uw gpa</p>

<p>haha, aw, thanks. & i got my decision a few days ago. my gpa was a little low [3.5ish UW], but i have ~7 AP classes to date. great essays/reccs & OOS, too. we’ll see :/</p>

<p>^ wow I just applied a few days ago but I am already nervous.
theycallmecc, Your stats are good…and i dont understandwhy you are postponed my stats are not much better either…and barrons 5% with 3.9uw gpa? wisconsin is not an ivy school…</p>

<p>what was your status before you got your decisions???</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I think barrons is referring to people who talk like this…</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Yes, this was actually posted on page 16.</p>

<p>D learned of acceptance this morning (logged in)!.</p>

<p>OOS (Maryland).
Private hs (no ranking)
GPA 3.7 or 3.8 (unweighted)
2 teacher recs (probably excellent)
SATs: CR 650, Math 690, Writing 720
SAT 2s: U.S. History 720, Math 2 700
APs: 2 junior year, 4 senior year
Art portfolio (painting/drawing)
President, 1 club
Newspaper editor
Varsity soccer & softball
Summer sleepaway camp counselor
Community service, etc.</p>

<p>The “RD” comment- there are rolling admissions, not early and regular decision at UW. Some are clear admits/denials and others get postponed while UW waits for later applicants- by the Feb 1st deadline. Some have excellent stats et al and it takes very little time for admissions to make their choice, most will require more time.</p>

<p>so, for postponement, does that mean i might get a decision before the february deadline? or do they start re-evaluating postponed applicants after the february deadline…?</p>

<p>Read what they say on the UW admissions website for the official answer…</p>

<p>Theycallmecc, I can’t believe you were postponed. I never knew they were that harsh on OOS students. In my class, there is a kid with the same stats as you(3.5 uw, 3.7ish w) but a 25 ACT score that got accepted. That’s what I meant when I posted that if you didn’t get a 30+ on the ACT you shouldn’t stress but I wish I read all of the thread before posting that.</p>

<p>it’s worse than i thought…“around march 15th” :|</p>

<p>jjjjcs92, i guess i had misread that, heh. yeah, it sucks. i really wanted it to be my first acceptance, lol :\ but they may have judged me against some kids from my own school [in NJ], which is fiercely competitive. i know this one girl who got accepted a few weeks back, & her stats were far better than mine. so that probably hurt me. damn that girl…lol.</p>

<p>Found out I got “postponed” yesterday. Disappointing. In case you’re wondering…</p>

<p>3.25 UW, 3.5 W.
2 APs (Spanish and Statistics)
2130 SAT (670 CR, 720 M, 740 W)
SAT II: 610 Lit, 690 Math IIC
Two teacher recs–one very good and one solid (I think).
Personal essay about my internship with the Teen Center in my town.
Not a huge amount of extra currics–played trumpet since 5th grade, two years volunteering with Teen Center.</p>

<p>does madison send out emails or online status updates? or is every decision type notified by mail?</p>

<p>I know it’s an online status update for an admit, followed up by snail mail</p>

<p>seriously, the lowest ACT score that has been accepted that I’ve seen for UWM is a 27 on this site. Do I even have the slightest chance with a 25? lol. I do have a gpa over 3.9 but after reading all of these posts makes me feel like I have absolutely no chance lol. Has anyone heard of some people that have been accepted with less than a 27?</p>