2015 African Americans thread...

<p>IB is stressful, but in the end, it was worth it for me. I would not want to be in honors or mainstream classes because they are FULL. Not only that but the kids are just rude. Cursing out teachers, smoking weed in the bathroom, etc. We only need 20 creds to graduate anyway. </p>

<p>But besides all of that, IB throws plenty of curveballs at you, but once senior year hit, I didn’t have as much work at all. I get 8+ hours of sleep. So all of the work from mainly sophomore and junior years lead to a stress-free, fun senior year.</p>

<p>I’m testing out Chemistry SL and Music SL this year.</p>

<p>And then i’m taking AP Psych, Literature, Calc BC, and Latin Lit.</p>

<p>I wish we had IB Econ too, i would definitely take that instead of Psych, which i really don’t like (although it’s pretty easy).</p>

<p>Gosh so lucky you have music. What is that class like?</p>

<p>I tested Chem SL last year.
This year Spanish HL, French AB (even easier than SL), English HL, History HL, Math SL
Done with the Extended Essay and all of my IAs except for Spanish which I believe is just an oral.</p>

<p>It’s really chill. But there are only 6 kids at my school taking the SL/HL class, so they combined it with the AP Music Theory class (which i took last year). But it’s a whole lot of independent studying, writing composition, and performing. And the IA is really cool, we just have to compare two different genres of music that are similar in some way. I’m doing contemporary R&B and roots reggae. So it’s pretty cool.</p>

<p>How was Chem SL? Our teacher is pretty much impossible, and she said that her tests are harder than the IB exam, so i think i’ll be alright. We have one more IA to do.</p>

<p>We don’t start our EE until the summer before senior year. Next year i gotta take Math HL, Psych HL, and English HL, as well as Latin SL and TOK. It’s gonna be hell.</p>

<p>hey!! I’m also a 2015er! My top choices are Uchicago and Northwestern… perhaps Columbia as well. Im taking 4 AP’s next year (most likely AP Physics B, AP US Gov,AP Environmental, AP Psychology maybe… and I’m still deciding on whether to take honors spanish or AP Spanish next year)</p>

<p>wow!
about half of us love U chicago or Columbia…</p>

<p>@envoy
That is SO cool! Chem SL wasn’t that bad at all. Straight from the IB book for some parts. We do our practice EE during sophomore year, and we do our ACTUAL EE the summer going into our junior year. English HL shouldn’t be too bad. TOK is an easy A, and the TOK paper is super easy but just be precise and it’ll be fine. It’s good to test out of something your junior year so yeah testing out of Chem is a good choice :-)</p>

<p>I’m also really really excited to start apps too. I have about 11 schools, 2 of which are in state. I wonder if it’s too much.</p>

<p>Does anybody have any idea what they want to do for their EEs yet?</p>

<p>I want to connect mine to Data Structures and Algorithms since I want to go into Computer Science, and that sub-field interests me most about it.</p>

<p>And I think I have too many schools also. My main list is like 7 schools, but there are about 5 more I want to apply to on top of those.</p>

<p>@Rajlon- No that sounds good. A lot of people went for about 7-10. I applied to 13, but then again, I suck at narrowing down things.</p>

<p>Any one else taking the march 13th sat??</p>

<p>i’m taking the sat on the 13th too !!!
i’m so nervous, but i’ve been studying so i guess i’ll be okay.</p>

<p>is this your first time taking it ?</p>

<p>bbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmpppppppppppppp</p>

<p>Helloo my fellow 2015ers!
I’m taking about 5 AP/honors classes (AP Bio, AP Lit, Hn Gov, Hn French, and Hn College Algebra) next year. My top colleges are Spelman and Emory! Or any college that gets me out of Kansas…</p>

<p>Hey! :smiley: im obviously a 2015er too (i cant WAIT for college!)
I’m doing IB (kill me now :p) lol.
HL - English, History, Chemistry
SL - ITGS, Math, Spanish</p>

<p>Not too bad but still challenging enough. I REALLY want to go to MIT or Cambridge (UK) They’ve been my dream schools for a while now :smiley: If I don’t get in then probably UCB, UCLA, CalTech, and Yale are my other top choices.</p>

<p>i’m horrified of college.</p>

<p>^Why? I hope it will be the best time of my life :slight_smile: I dont feel like talking about my AP classes so I will just say that my top choices are Duke and UVa. Ugh counting down to 2015! lol</p>

<p>@ nil, how come ?
i’ll admit that knowing college is only a year away is pretty scary, but i’m more than excited for it !</p>

<p>@ sandra, uva is a REALLY good college !! the majority of seniors at my school are going there.</p>

<p>I am a USC hopeful and I’m so nervous if I’m going to get in but excited for my senior year.</p>

<p>No worries :slight_smile:
I just got into USC yesterday</p>