Class of 2019 - Admission Status

<p>Yikes. That same @Aggie_Bound twitter seems to have deleted the earlier tweet, and one from September 4th says “Hey #TAMU19, decisions won’t go out for another couple of weeks. My advice: do everything to get your app complete!”</p>

<p>Daughter applied August 4th is top 10% and we haven’t heard either! :frowning: </p>

<p>Hi, I too am a future class of 2019 aggie. I emailed the head of admissions and they emailed back and said,
"Howdy,</p>

<p>The first round of acceptance letter will be going out next week.</p>

<p>Thanks,</p>

<p>Aggieland Customer Service"</p>

<p>So hopefully the letters will be out as soon as early next week!
Thanks and gig’em!</p>

<p>Does anyone know…what actually does first round of acceptance letters mean? Is it top 10% first, then top 25%, or anyone of the above but submitted by a certain date? We are out of state, my son will qualify for top 25% and his app was submitted on Aug 8. Would he be in the first round?</p>

<p>Most likely. My son attended an engineering camp on campus this summer, during which the Assistant Dean of Admissions spoke to them about the admissions process. While many think they are reviewing applications in August, they are simply inputting application requirements (transcript, test scores, etc.). They don’t actually begin reviewing applications until early September. He said top 10% and academic admits are an easy process, taking about two weeks. So that fits with releasing decisions mid-September as has been the case in past years. </p>

<p>aggies8688, there is a very long thread “Class of 2018 - admission status” where you can kill a lot of time following last year’s process. The acceptances start showing up around page 12. It looks like the first auto admits were on Sept 12 and the first academic, out of state, admissions posted here on Sept 17. So, I think your hunch is right. When they start with the first round, it looks like top 10% first and then academic admits from whoever applied prior to the first round of evaluations. After that, since it’s rolling admissions, it is probably less structured between the two classifications (three is you count in-state academic). </p>

<p>Aggies8688 – had two daughters who applied August 1st of their respective years (have a senior and a freshman now!) Both of them engineering students found out that, at their large in-state school, the first batch received their acceptances on the same day whether you were top 10% or academic admit. The only variation we found was the timing of when you heard about merit scholarships, which was months later. I don’t know for sure about out-of-state students but it did seem as if they were in that same, first wave. Good luck! Its a crazy process when they apply to college but it is worth it!</p>

<p>We’ve officially waited longer than last year’s first wave. :-q </p>

<p>Heard through the grapevine that Thursday is the day. I cant stand the wait</p>

<p>This is what was on the Aggie JCAP Facebook page that was posted 2 hours ago…</p>

<p>“Cadets who are seniors - If you applied for admission to A&M - check your Applicant Information System (AIS) - A&M has started offering admission to Texas Top 10% automatic admits and academic admits.”</p>

<p>We are out of state academic admit and don’t have anything posted on AIS yet. </p>

<p>I checked my AIS page earlier today and had nothing, but I just checked now and had a big red maintenance error! </p>

<p>Okay so my application started being reviewed on 9/1 and I still haven’t gotten an acceptance letter. I’m top 10%, but I am so ready to get my acceptance already! IT’S KILLING ME.lol</p>

<p><a href=“https://twitter.com/Aggie_Bound/status/512393507118792704”>https://twitter.com/Aggie_Bound/status/512393507118792704&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p><em>sigh</em> :(</p>

<p>WAIT. everyone check your “my communications” tab on AIS! My decision letter got mailed out today!!! It has the pdf form online!!!</p>

<p>Awesome Gigem2019!!! Just curious - what date did you submit your application. - nothing in our AIS yet…ho hum…</p>

<p>I applied august 1st! I have a few friends who applied even august 2nd and they still haven’t gotten the letter online… Maybe they’re doing it by date applied?</p>

<p>Auto admit who applied Aug. 1. Nothing.</p>

<p>lee6666-- aw don’t worry it will be coming soon! have you checked under “my letters”? my AIS still says I’m under review.</p>

<p>No letter either.</p>

<p>Apparently the first letter was sent yesterday!</p>