Class of 2019 - Admission Status

<p>What day did you apply? - 9/20/14
When did you get your UIN? - Like the next day? I think…
When did you receive your Admission Decision? - 9/30/14
Auto-Admit? Academic Admit? Review? - Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice? Did you get it? - Chose chemistry, got in!
Honors Program? - Need to apply…
Stats would be great: SAT/ACT, Class Rank, GPA
SAT: 1970
ACT: 29
Class Rank: 77/444
GPA: 3.65 unweighted 4.8 weighted</p>

<p>Has anyone going through holistic review received their admission yet? </p>

<p>Holistic review candidates won’t hear back until after the application deadline. (December 1st). Auto and academic admits are accepted first; after the deadline, holistic reviews begin to be notified. </p>

<p>The prospective student center told us that some holistic review students will hear back earlier. Just curious to know if anyone had heard this as well or if anyone had been admitted.</p>

<p>Have any Spring 2015 transfer received acceptances yet? Particularly from the College of Education & Human Development? </p>

<p>Admitted 9/22 - General Engineering w/Chemical Engineering Concentration; am an OOS NMF</p>

<p>My daughter is a review student. We’ve also been told that decisions for review students will start in October though the bulk will not hear until February/March. I don’t believe it is correct that they won’t start until after 12/1. </p>

<p>I was admitted yesterday, didn’t login into ais until today. I qualified for top 10% auto admit though. My ACT score was low, only a 24. I got all my files into ais a week or two ago. Now I need to get my meningitis vaccine. Also need to start looking at apartments/dorms. </p>

<p>I know of one review candidate who was accepted with the first round of auto admits. She was in top 12%. So some do go out earlier.</p>

<p>I applied on 9/29 and still haven’t received my UIN… Should I be worried?</p>

<p>No, can take a week or so.</p>

<p>Alright just got my UIN this morning! Sent my transcript and fee waiver on Tuesday so just waiting for them to receive that! :)</p>

<p>Yes, I’ve been told holistic reviews can hear back any time now.</p>

<p>Was curious about the person who said they knew of a review admit in top 12% who got in with auto admit a week or so ago. Remember that A&M also has another level called academic admits that get in at same time as auto admits as long as they are in the top 25% class rank PLUS a 1300 SAT CR/Math(min 600 math or CR) or 30 ACT. </p>

<p>So what some people are calling review admits that have been notified might have been an academic admit. For instance, that top 12% person might have had the scores mentioned. If they have scores and in top 25%, they are not a review admit, they are an academic admit but not top 10% auto admit. My older S was academic admit in 2010 and found out in 2.5 weeks, My younger S has 2 friends that applied same week he did and since they were academic admits, they found out a couple of weeks ago with that first batch that went out.</p>

<p>I called A&M last Friday and they said they have lots of auto admits and many academic admits too and that they might not get to review admits (non auto and not-academic admits) till after Dec or early January. I like the answer that came yesterday from Aggie79 though, better than what I was told. My S waiting as a review admit and applied 8/20.</p>

<p>Forgot to mention that when I called last Friday, they did say that there might be a few students who are in the review admit “pile” who might find out before December but was told that these are for those “exceptional” top-top students who were really close to % cutoff PLUS high ACT or SAT scores. She said that they had a few for class of 2014 last year but that those are rare. </p>

<p>Do they send out accepts every week or are their specific waives? My daughter is auto admit and apply 9/15 but is still in review. </p>

<p>@‌ MeTexn
Could you elaborate on these exception “top-top,” students?
Because I am a review admit for spring semester but my SAT and rank qualify me for academic admit (I just can’t get it because my school didnt offer a second year of a foreign language).</p>

<p>A&M didn’t give details about “top” candidates other than last year for class of 2014 they did have some students that were borderline top 25%, had great exceptional (their wording) ACT/SAT scores which exceeded requirements for academic admit… It does say on the A&M website for Academic Admits that you must meet the State of Texas Uniform Admission Policy(math, language, etc requirements) along with required documents, top 25% and the scores mentioned previously. </p>

<p>I would call them or your area prospective student center and ask them how they handle a person that meets academic admit requirements but NOT the State of Texas Uniform Admission policy. It does say on their website that final decisions for spring admissions are made in mid-November for review admits.</p>

<p>I actually do meet the State of Texas Uniform Admission Policy, just not the minimum required coursework.
I’ll give them a ring.</p>

<p>Would like opinion on my admission chances from those with insight into the A&M admissions process. I am an out of state holistic review applicant for College of Engineering looking to be in Corps of Cadets-
*Unweighted GPA 3.3 out of 4
*SAT 1900 (1280 M/R), ACT 28 (Science and math both higher)
*HS does not rank but I am in 2nd quartile in a very competitive school in a top district where nearly all graduates go on to college. I have AP, honors, and college level courses.
*Jr ROTC, promoted to officer rank, attended the TAMU JCAP program twice
*Two varsity sports, one for 4 years, currently captain
*Very good extra-curricular and community service record (Guidance Counselor’s opinion)
*Already accepted to two other Senior Military Colleges and applied to Congressman for Service Academy nominations
*Academies aside, which are always a long shot, A&M is my top choice over the two acceptances, but I worry since I am out of state and not an automatic admit. Thoughts?</p>