Class of 2019 - Admission Status

<p>Has anyone heard from Admissions recently? My Son applied around Sept 25th. I was hoping we would hear by now?</p>

<p>If you are auto admit or academic admit - it has been taking 2-3 weeks before you get email. Some are now taking a little longer cause more apps being sent in. If you are a review admit like my S, they are saying February or March. I’m assuming your CAS login shows your sons app complete? If not, you need to submit the items that are missing and that is what ends up taking more time. </p>

<p>My son is an academic admit. A&M received his application on 9/29 and he was admitted on 10/7. So, just over a week. We expected 3 weeks or longer. </p>

<p>My son is a review applicant who applied 8/11. The prospective student center said last week that he could hear back at any time now but he might also have to wait until much later so I guess we just sit tight and wait. I think he’s a strong review candidate but it’s tough to wait. </p>

<p>My son is also review applicant who applied 8/20 and no answer. He too supposed to be strong candidate and the wait is killing him. He goes and looks couple times a day and nothing.</p>

<p>Got into texas a&m, really happy. I haven’t posted on this thread but I did read it a lot. Here is my info if you guys want to compare.</p>

<p>HS Seniors class of 2015 applying to Texas A & M for Fall 2015 admission:
What day did you apply? 9/30
When did you get your UIN? 10/2
When did you receive your Admission Decision?10/9
Auto-Admit? Academic Admit? Review? Academic admit
Major/College of Choice? Did you get it?
Engineering, and yes I got it
Honors Program? Can’t recall
Stats would be great: SAT/ACT, Class Rank, GPA
Class rank: top 16%
SAT: 660 reading 680 math 1340 m+cr 2040 composite
GPA: 3.83w 4.33uw(18 honors/ap)</p>

<p>I applied 8/1 to engineering, 30 ACT. However I’m in the top 32% of my class. I haven’t heard back yet. I have a strong application/ resume, but anyone know if these stats are good enough for engineering since I’m a review applicant?</p>

<p>I’m an auto admit due to ACT score, got my notification that i’ve been accepted but nothing about Mays. How long after the first notification should it be before i hear about b-school? </p>

<p>The letter itself (see My Communications on AIS) doesn’t say? My son got into Engineering, but the only place this was noted was on the letter itself. I have not heard of anyone not being notified of their accepted major. Maybe call admissions?</p>

<p>have any review admits heard back yet? according to the admissions office, they have begun to let review students know. curious if anyone has heard yet. </p>

<p>I heard from one of the prospective student centers today that the first wave of review admissions will go out next week or so.</p>

<p>@cadet2019, I noticed no one has replied to your post. Since your school does not rank, TAMU will assign you to a quartile. If you are assigned to the top 25% quartile, you will still need qualifying test scores to enter as an academic admit. Your ACT does not meet the requirement of 30. Your SAT might, IF your Math and Reading are each 600 or higher. Bottom line–if you are placed in the top quartile AND your SAT’s are each 600 or higher, you’ll be an academic admit, but if not, you will be a review admit and I wouldn’t get my hopes up. However, you would certainly be a good candidate for the Blinn Team, and if you are in the Corps, that just means you’ll go over to Blinn for most of your classes for the first couple of years. Best of luck to you!</p>

<p>@cadet2019 , you might want to retake the SAT. There is one test left that can count (Nov 8th), if you get your score up a little higher and you get classified at top 25% (although you stated 2nd quartile), you could be academic admit. BUT if not, the higher score will also help in review status & should you get admitted it is also looked at for scholarships (the Corps had its own scholarships). Review admits are very competitive, so anything you can do to become an academic admit is well worth your time & effort. Good luck!</p>

<p>TXMom95 and @cadet2019 - Just to clarify, Academic Admit does require top 25%, and at least 600 in each section of CR and M, however, your combined SAT has to be at least 1300 to qualify. So adding it up, the 600 each isn’t going to get you there. Sorry if I misunderstood your post and that is actually what you said. Here’s from admissions:</p>

<ol>
<li>Academic Admits</li>
</ol>

<p>Students qualify for automatic academic admission if they successfully complete all required coursework and:
rank in the top 25% of their graduating class,
achieve a combined SAT Math and Critical Reading score of at least 1300 with at least 600 in each section, or achieve a composite ACT score of at least 30 with at least 27 in each of the Math and English sections,
meet the State of Texas Uniform Admission Policy, and
submit all the required credentials by the deadline.</p>

<p>Thank so much for the replies @TXMom95, @WWmama, and @AGmomx2. TAMU already put me in the 2nd quartile, so I cannot get the Academic admit status. It’s holistic review all the way. FYI I already have a scholarship offer from the Corps of Cadets, contingent of course, on my acceptance to the university. I just have to hope that my application is well rounded enough to get consideration. As I mentioned, I have already been accepted to two other senior military colleges and am up for Congressional appointments to the Academies. Thanks again for your insight!</p>

<p>Has any review applicant for engineering heard back yet? I’m in the second quartile with a 30 ACT. Still waiting</p>

<p>@cadet2019‌ , how did you already get a scholarship offer from the corps?</p>

<p>Son applied Oct. 4th and was automatically admitted on Oct. 9. He got into his first choice of Bioenvironmental Sciences. 2040 SAT 32 ACT</p>

<p>@oosmom , by qualifying for and attending the Junior Cadet Accession Program. Participants in JCAP are awarded a Sul/Ross scholarship from the Corps. It is, like I said, contingent on university acceptance.</p>

<p>@cadet2019, very nice. Good luck!</p>