Class of 2019 Decisions

@nj1818 Okay, will do. Thanks!

@nj1818‌ Did it change from decision made or ready for review?

@Assume‌ I was deferred, so my decision changed from “deferred to reg consideration” to “accepted.” My status has been Decision Made since I was deferred back in January. Unless I was just a rare case, deferred students won’t go back to the “complete and ready for review” status.

@nj1818‌ ah okay. I wonder if everyone hearing back was deferred, I’m waiting for regular decision.

This is so weird because my status checker still says “under review” instead of “deferred to reg”… At this point should I assume I was rejected? Because people who were accepted seemed to have “deferred to reg” before they found out they were accepted…,

Actually, disregard my last comment, because I read threads from last year and a majority of people actually did have their status go back to under review. Maybe mine didn’t change back since the decision was made so soon? I’m not sure, but @simuni‌ I would definitely not assume you’ve been rejected!

@nj1818 would you mind sharing your stats?

Anyone know when financial aid information comes out?

Accepted! Does anyone know when invitations to Binghamton Scholars would come? I got into UB honors last week, and the letter came about two weeks after the initial decision letter.

@jamesjunkers My letter says early March via email, not sure if that helps.

@delsenor‌ Some people have already heard back from the Scholars program. I’m not sure exactly how long it would take though. I got accepted too, but I still haven’t received my letter of acceptance (I just got an email). But I haven’t heard back from Scholars either (not even sure if I’m getting in, of course).

@lavalamp97‌ Do you know how they select Scholars? Is it just based on test scores? I am really hoping for an invitation. The admissions counselor that emailed me with my acceptance before the official email was very vague about Scholars.

For people who have been deferred, what does your status say now?

@sblig3 Mine says “Under Review” as of now

is my status going to change from “Deferred to regular decision”?

Applied SOM… deferred :frowning:

If I don’t get into Binghamtons SOM, will I automatically be considered for Harpur?

I was accepted into the Scholar’s Program! I got my letter of congratulations (which is really nice and fancy looking) in a big envelope in the mail about a month ago. I had been accepted into Bing nearly 3 months ago (Watson). I’m not quite sure how they select people for it but I saw somewhere it’s top 100 applicants, though I’m really not too sure. I think it’s based on overall application and not just grades. I’ve also been receiving some emails about invitations into certain research groups that only have room for 30 or so. They are by invitation only. Good luck everyone!

@sblig3 My status is still “deferred to reg consideration” also. Not sure if this will ever change.

@youngm0rphine‌ Congratulations! Did you apply early action or regular decision? I applied RD, got my acceptance email about a week ago, and just got my acceptance letter today. I obviously don’t know if I’d get in the Scholar’s Program or not, but I’m curious how long it would take for me to find out if I got in.

Hey everyone! I got deferred back in January and I’m still waiting to hear back, I have pretty average stats and Binghamton was actually my reach school, so I just want to know I’m not the only one freaking out about when I’m going to hear back! I’m applying to Harpur, and I had an 1800 on the SAT, 91 average, AP English, honors chorus, several honors classes last year, a strong essay, and I was a cheerleader and am currently yearbook editor… so we’ll see :slight_smile:

I got deferred from EA in January, and each day I don’t get in RD is making me more and more anxious :frowning: