Earliest to Receive Admission Decision: ED?

<p>Go to the student center in CaneLink then student admission.</p>

<p>Ok. On that line of the application status it should first have a green check mark and next to it say accept/decline admission make deposit.
After you click that it will ask to accept admission and then another screen will come for you to make your deposit. After all is done next to the application it will go back to a green circle.
Even though my daughter was accepted she was not able to open the letter either. The best is to wait ( I know is hard ). Do not think the worst. In my son school some kids got deferred and ultimately got in and some got granted Spring admission. They will have to answer before the 15th.</p>

<p>Hi guys i ED as well and still have not heard back don’t expect to get in but here are my stats
3.58 Weighted 3.64 Unweighted
24 ACT (I know this is a decision breaker and probably wont get in because of it)
Extracurricular Activities
White jewish male from New jersey
Only one in my entire school who ED to U of M
One of the most competitive and highly regarded schools in new jersey
Again i really don’t expect to get in but still trying thanks!</p>

<p>AHH ! I need to find out alreadyyy. Praying that I get in. GPA is 3.9 & I’m president of my school just my ACT score is a 25 but we’ll see what happens. I applied ED. Waiting for a response, congrats to everyone that applied and got accepted :)</p>

<p>When did you apply?? Like what date was your application received ?</p>

<p>Deferred here. So looks like my SAT really did blow :\ Going to have to do start studying for the ACT now since it seems like I have a month to study. It’s honestly my last chance unless the regular decision pool is treated much more lightly than the ED pool. Ugh.</p>

<p>I’m sorry! I mean there’s still a chance you’ll get in cause I know plenty of people who’ve applied ED and got deferred and still got in! Also when/how did you hear back!? I still haven’t gotten my letter and there’s still nothing on canelink :(</p>

<p>Kazhaha the trick of the ACT is practice. Register and then register for their online course. They prepare you with more accurate questions than others. (Barron’s is a great book to buy to have explanations and summaries but tends to be more difficult and you do not have too much time for that). The most difficult part is reading>science>math>English. Of course it all depends on your strength but the ACT is not about difficulty is about speed so time yourself. With your GPA you should do ok. Good luck.</p>

<p>Yeah also to add on to the act thing it’s all about how fast you can take tests and how often you practice. See if you can get a book with a bunch of past ACTs cause I know they sell those somewhere and just keep taking them over and over again</p>

<p>I’m so sorry to hear that! However, if you show them that you’ve improved, you’ll surely get in! Good luck to you; PM me if you need advice on anything (and that goes for everyone!!) :)</p>

<p>Where does it say Admitted or Deferred ?</p>

<p>Mine does not have the “admitted” check mark and I got a communication saying “ED decision mailed.” Did this happen to everyone else?</p>

<p>Mine does not have the “Admitted” check mark either! & I didn’t get a communication… All mine says is UNDERGRAD ED APP RECEIVED!</p>

<p>@44skier: Most likely you’ll be getting a letter soon. I was in the same situation and the result was not positive, as I was deferred. Hopefully that won’t be the same case as you. </p>

<p>By the way, would it be too late to take the ACT in February and have the scores mailed March?</p>

<p>Should I assume that I’m deferred? It is just a green circle, no check mark.</p>

<p>I have a green circle too. No check mark.</p>

<p>Kazhaya, I’m so sorry, but decisions for regular applications are mailed out on March 1st. Maybe you can call the admissions office and explain your situation to them. I’d say your best bet is to take the January SAT (I’m assuming that there isn’t an ACT in January) and call them so they can make note of the fact that you’ve taken another test. They’ll wait for your scores if and only if they’re aware that they have to. Good luck with everything!! :slight_smile: Please let us know how everything goes!</p>

<p>44skier and ashnagovil, I’m sorry, but a green circle might mean that you guys were deferred. :confused: If it gives you any consolation, less than 20% of people who apply early decision are accepted. HOWEVER, if you show your admission counselor (whomever that might be) that you have improved in some way, you are more likely to be accepted! For example, I would suggest retaking your standardized tests. You can probably take the January SAT, as I doubt the scores for the February ACT will reach them in time. Either way, I could be wrong, so it would be best to call the office of admissions just to be sure! That way, they can make a note on your application so they’ll wait for your new scores before they read your application again. Good luck to both of you! PM me if you have any more questions!</p>

<p>Oh my god this was my dream school too. I can’t believe it. Thank you though. I really thought I had a chance. Hopefully I can apply for regular decision!</p>

<p>narissababie- Since you were accepted, how was it different for you? Did you see the check mark before you got the letter?</p>