Early Action -- New Thread for 2011

<p>thanks mangotree!</p>

<p>Hopefully they send the ones that are closer to UM first!</p>

<p>Thank you so much mangotree! That calms me down a little bit. Still checking MyUM every hour though…haha</p>

<p>@mangotree: so did she say if the myum pages will change today? or like tomorro they will start changing</p>

<p>Eeeeeeeeek why can’t they just post online all at once or something?!</p>

<p>All she said is that on the day they send a batch, the My UM accounts change that day for the recipients of that batch. I hope this person knew what she was talking about, because I think it sounds like chaos if only one-third of the My UM accounts change later today and 2/3 don’t… it seems like word would spread and they’d get hit with calls. BUT, she definitely said “today.”</p>

<p>That sounds like what happened last year. As the letters left the office, myUM would update with your notification. Hopefully the first batch is tonight!!</p>

<p>If anyone gets a response today, it would be great if you could indicate the decision and in which state you live. That way we might be able to see a pattern, or not.</p>

<p>I didn’t get anything in the mail today but I guess that makes sense according to what mangotree heard. What time should we expect a MyUM update?</p>

<p>yea I think the ones that were mailed today should arrive tomorro or monday. if only mail came on Sundays :(</p>

<p>they are probably sending them by where you live, so they might send the people farther away’s sooner to make sure they meet the feb 1st deadline and the others that live closer will have theirs sent in a later bunch.</p>

<p>Well, if scubajd4 is right, I’ll let you know. I live on the west coast.</p>

<p>I live an hour from Miami… so who knows</p>

<p>If I remember correctly, my friend who applied last year told me that they send out letters to the people who got scholarships first, but I could be wrong.</p>

<p>So does anyone remember if the browser bar said acceptance in the web address days before? I can’t remember but it could mean something if it wasn’t there before</p>

<p>if it was something different before, it was myum.miami.edu/jscheck.asp
or is that something different?</p>

<p>if when u go to check admissions information if in the web bar it said acceptance in the bar in past days or it just added it today or yesterday for some people</p>

<p>Yes, in past years they seemed to send out the scholarships first, and they did go in batches.</p>

<p>Does the earlier you send in your application effect which batch you are in?</p>

<p>mine previously didnt have the acceptance in it, but it did starting 2 days ago! i just checked my history pages…i hope this means something good</p>