Gateway Admission TAMU Class of 2026

1 Like

For those interested. I found this under TAMU event registration. It looks like we can’t register until March 13.

@Crickett272 2 take aways on this:

1. A&M is usually pretty good about inviting, notifying people to regional events. I suspect your student will be getting a postcard or evite on their portal. They need to be on the lookout.
    The regional events we attended (not for Gateway) were small, very informative. Always have your student rsvp.
  2. A date has been given, but not allowed to rsvp yet. Leads me to think/speculate all (or most) Gateway offers will have been given very soon.
1 Like

So I have a couple questions.

I will not be living on campus in the fall so do I need to go through the whole housing deposit and stuff or am I safe to wait until summer housing opens on march 15th?

Also, me and my friend both got gateway and wanted to room together over the summer. Is it possible to pick your roommates for the summer in white creek?

If so how do I request we be put together?

I would try to attend a regional Gateway meeting, if you’re offered. Or contact the TAP office. Gateway housing isn’t done thru regular ResLife.

This forum is awesome! Thank you so much for starting this Gateway-specific thread.

My daughter learned last week that she has been admitted via Gateway and has accepted. Will she be able to participate in Fish Camp? The 2022 Fish Camp dates overlap the summer semester dates.

I didn’t start this thread, @ChristiR93 did-she gets all the credit!
I’ve seen Fish Camp and Impact mentioned on College Confidential and FB posts. You’ll need to sit down with dates for all of them and see if any work. I do know Fish Camp requires leaving from Reed Arena, riding the bus back & forth, no personal cars allowed. So a student isn’t allowed to come late or leave early. You’d need to contact Fish Camp.
Registration for both Fish Camp and Impact will be late spring. You can follow their pages on FB and Instagram for all the details.

1 Like

When I asked about Fish Camp I was told they could attend as long as it did not overlap with the summer session which ends 8/11. Based on the Fish Camp calendar I see that means they will not be able to attend. Kind of a bummer, but choosing to see Gateway as their own type of experience.

If I had to chose between Gateway or Fish Camp, I’d pick Gateway all day, every time! No brainer.
There are other ‘camps’-Impact, St. Mary’s Retreat, a really cool sounding high impact retreat, plus Howdy Week.
Not attending Fish Camp won’t make or break the Aggie experience. Be sure your Aggie purchases a Sports Pass, goes to Midnight Yell and football games, and participates in Howdy Week activities 
they’ll be fine.

Great mindset. They will make great buddies through gateway. It’s almost like a “club”.

1 Like

Thank you for this valuable information. Our daughter was admitted via Gateway. Is the $3999 for tuition plus room and board? Or is this the expected total for the summer session? Thank you!

@GloCab24 this is a great link for all things Gateway 2022. Dates, dorm and prices can vary slightly from year to year, so always go directly to the source. Your student should be getting info on their portal also.

https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/Gateway

2 Likes

Thank you! I reviewed that site last week but win take a second look and will check the portal. Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

I would contact the TAP office directly.

1 Like

Can someone tell me more about the Faction LLC? My daughter’s friend is applying for it but we can’t find a lot about it. How many are accepted, what is the time commitment for meetings, etc., and after going through Gateway, would you recommend it? I’m thinking after Gateway, students will make lots of connections and an LLC may not be as necessary? Also, Faction is housed at Walton which has window units and dehumidifiers which could be a negative. Any advice would be welcomed!

@collegebound3kids great question to ask on the parent FB pages, actually use the :mag_right: because I’ve seen Faction mentioned several times recently.
LLC sounds great, maybe (didn’t appeal to my Aggie or friends, at all), but many/most times they end up being duds.

1 Like

Does anyone have information on the difference between Hughes, Fowler or Keathey for summer selection? Probably single room. Thanks

@Crickett272 for Gateway? You don’t get dorm selection, I don’t think, you’re just assigned. Dorm has changed from White Creek to Fowler.

Yes, Gateway. When he signed up it gave him the option to select one of the three, either single or double. It’s looks like all 3 are next to each other so it probably doesn’t matter. Ty

Interesting, usually they just have 1 dorm open. FHK are balcony style, exactly the same, right next to each other. Great location on Northside.

1 Like