George Washington University Fall 2019 transfers

@gwuhope I don’t want to be a downer but like redacted1 said admissions is a chance game. You seem like a good fit, I wish they had the average transfer gpa admitted up so we could compare your gpa but they don’t. Given that you were accepted last year you might have a good chance of being accepted again. Good luck!

Do you guys think that we will hear back about decisions before June? I assumed that decisions would come out by mid-late May.

I feel like we will hear back from them like last years around late may till June.

Do in-progress credits count towards the 30 credit requirement to not submit HS transcripts? For example, having 15 credits completed and 15 credits in progress that will be completed by the end of the semester/admittance? I could not find this answer online anywhere.

It says this on the GWU transfer page

“Transfer applicants must submit an official transcript from each college or university you previously attended. If you have less than 30 college credits, you will need to submit high school transcripts. These credentials are required (whether or not credit was earned or is desired) and should be sent directly from the registrar’s office to GW’s Office of Admissions. Email transcripts must be sent directly from the sender’s school email address in order to be considered official.”

It says “whether or not credit is earned or is desired” I interpreted this as that credits in progress count towards to 30. I could be wrong here, that’s why I’m asking. I want to transfer in the spring when I have 16 credits done but finishing up 15 more.

@lycoris hey lol I’ve seen you on UMD’s cc. I spoke with a transfer representative from GW and she told me that even if you turned the application in early, you wouldn’t hear back from them until late may/June.

@leeryazan I believe that the 15 units in progress won’t go into your 30 college credits because they will look at your application based on the units that you have right now so you might need to send your high school transcript. Though, I suggest you call the GW office.

Does anyone know why they’re so late with decisions? I get most of my decisions early this month so I literally might have to withdraw my app depending on where I get in. It just seems like an unnecessarily long process that is burdensome on both sides.

@yikestm Last year, GW officials severely underestimated the number of freshmen that would end up enrolling, which affected the timeline of them releasing transfer acceptances. They likely are waiting for the same information this year to know how many spots they are able to fill. They will know it by today though since today is college decision day.

this is so lame, but I really, really hope they get back to us by June. Is that too much to ask? I kinda want to email them but I just don’t want to bother them but I’m like please god have mercy on us transfers :wink:

@Kennedy1962 I sent an email earlier today. I’ll keep you in the loop w/ what happens.

@Redacted1 Thank you so much!!!

I noticed that I had a update on my FAFSA yesterday that was done by GWU. It seems they changed my EFC (for the better) I wish I knew what it means for admission. Is it normal for a school to change your EFC manually and then deny you? I obviously haven’t heard anything back yet but it really got me thinking that they have at least looked at my app.

@Redacted1 have you gotten anything back regarding the email you sent on the 7th?

@1michaelscott , Nope, just the cold shoulder.

@Redacted1 sorry to hear that. Hoping for the best.

@1michaelscott It’s all good. Got into UChicago, so I feel no stress over it. Still hoping I get into Georgetown, my #1 though.

hey everyone! just out of curiosity- can everyone see their estimated cost of attendance on the GW financial portal?

I only have the cost of attendance under the helpful links - but my FAFSA isn’t completely uploaded yet. I selected GW when I submitted it, but for some reason they never received the information.

@Kennedy1962 Yes I am now able to see it to reflect my estimated cost along with missing financial aid docs to submit.

I have the following message * The following information is based on your current enrollment status for the full academic year *

@Miniman1673 Thank you so much for checking! If this is a good sign, I hope some merit aid kicks in bc right now we at 75,000 for est. cost of attendance. Scary season.