Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

Those are fine and could be asked at any time. Especially with no or online visits only, the experience of others who have lived in the dorms you’re asking about is valuable. However, this particular question has been asked many times, so you might want to do a search first before you ask. If it’s a school discussed here with any frequency, you will get plenty of hits. Here are some examples:

Boys Dorms

Choate Dorms

Dorms: How to Choose

Pictures of Dorms

What doesn’t make sense to post is which school is best/best for me? No one here can answer that. We don’t know you and, even if we did, we couldn’t make a better decision than you can (and will).

1 Like

The freak out thread feels way over the top this year. As a parent, if I were waiting on a decision for my kid, I don’t think I could read it this year. Way too stressful!

1 Like

We have a thread for parents to worry on:

Perhaps it’s time to resurrect a Part 2.

As it is every year. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks @mondaydevil – I take that as high praise.
In your corner – this is YOUR YEAR. I feel it!!!
Do you remember last year you called me your CC mom? I literally had tears in my eyes when I read that and I may get teary when you get all your results.

7 Likes

that is literally so wholesome.

THANK YOU!! I have such a huge smile on my face right now and thank you for everything this year ((((:

1 Like

My DD is very similar to you @mondaydevil and when I read your posts a little part of my thinks, is this my kid? I think you are in NH and Asian. Forgive me if I have that wrong. And she’s also reapplying this year. But different school lists! Good luck tomorrow. I know first hand how much courage it takes to do this twice. Wishing you all the best!!

1 Like

@Calliemomofgirls , I hear you on the early thing. But having gone through a version of the same with colleges – which offered paid fly-ins, merit $, etc. – and which had some nice traction through the dark of winter, it was amazing how quickly most fell aside when there was an onslaught of acceptances from other schools, especially ones that had been higher up the list before any decisions were received, came.

But the early ones had gotten serious consideration, which might not have been the case had they arrived with all the late March acceptances, and at least one made it into the top 4, which was way above its original desirability position.

Oh wow that’s super interesting! It’d be funny if we’ve actually know each other in real life, but I’m 90% sure my mom doesn’t have a CC account haha. Either way, thank you and best of luck to you and your DD too!

1 Like

My husband just got a call from Exeter saying our daughter is being wait listed for 9th grade. He’s an alum, so it looks like they do let legacy applicants know in advance if they are wait listed/rejected.

6 Likes

May I ask were you FP or FA applicant?
I hope it works out with the other schools you daughter applied.

I don’t think it matters with FA at Exeter? My understanding was that they are need blind and have enough money to award all the money they need to?

Just for the record, the M10 2018 Freakout thread only had 1250 posts :joy:

3 Likes

There still has been nothing from @PhotographerMom Is anyone else as worried as I am?

5 Likes

Hopefully she’ll show up once people start freaking out about waitlists.

2 Likes

oh wow 2022 applicants with the pressure lol

I hope so. M10 is not the same without her!

That freak out thread was so stressful I fixed lunch for the kids and just drove two hours to pick up a favorite snack, listening to show tunes very loudly. Could not be near a computer because I am …fine.

2 Likes

It’s easy enough to point posters back to her definitive WL post. Really, nothing more to add there. If you’re not familiar with her post, refer to this one which links to it and another recap.

2 Likes