Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

I didn’t know that thank you!

Maybe it is just standard form now for all.

1 Like

An email just came out. I don’t have the details but have your child check their email.

Pretty much they need 30 credits at an institution post high school and then guaranteed transfer. Will need to sign a form to show interest but not binding I believe.

Do you think the March 1st decision date for ED 2 is late this year or will the result decision still come out around the beginning of February? @delaney.roe

thanks let me look for that!! he already has well over 30.

So I found the email and responded. He meets the requirements already, with the exception of the “30 credits after high school graduation” and a writing class. He was specifically advised by NEU NOT to graduate HS early even though he’s full time college and hasn’t set foot in the HS since last year, but he will have 64 college credits in May. I could call up the HS now and have him graduated immediately before college Fall finals, then this college semester finishes after HS graduation. I really need some guidance from these NEU folk, hopefully they respond to my email in a timely manner. I think we have a corner case here.

1 Like

Question- so once accepted does NU just need the final senior transcript/grades or do they need to see grades by quarter or by mid year? Thanks

1 Like

I believe most, if not all, schools want to see final transcripts.

Where exactly is the waiver on the portal? I can’t seem to find it find it, or the “optional” section the email refers to.

We could not find it either.

1 Like

When my son logged into the portal, there was a new action item. He clicked on it and it brought him to the waiver. Is there a new action item in your applicant portal?

I’m curious… from your read of the offer, does it say that if you choose this transfer guarantee it is binding? Another parent on a diff site is saying that. In the past, the guaranteed transfer has been an offer, but not binding. What if you love the new school go to first?

At all the other colleges that offer it, it is not binding. It is an option.

I have read that applicants to Boston University who accepted the option but didn’t apply to transfer after freshman year received an offer of guaranteed junior transfer.

2 Likes

Agreed… but this other parent posted a screenshot with binding language. I can’t imagine that it can be binding.

1 Like

Hi Delaney

We are also planning to make the switch from EA to ED2. Just a bit concerned about the financial aid. Would ED2 hurt our financial aid compared with EA if my daughter gets in ? Thank you.

2 Likes

Have you run the NPC? Note that it is not as accurate if you own your own business or are divorced, but otherwise it can be a good indicator of how they call your financial need.

Is it worse if you own a small business. My son was accepted ED, and we did the financial preview. My husband is partner in a small business, and now they are asking for his business returns before they give him the financial package. I’m a little anxious.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what the difference is, but they note on their NPC that if you own a business or are divorced, it is not accurate since it is just a high overview. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks. We should hear soon.

1 Like

Thank you. I just run the NPC. Very high if no extra scholarship.

2 Likes