Purdue University Class of 2021 Scholarships

@DJVD0199 Don’t give up hope yet- my child did get a Trustees and also got that same email today about financial aid. I think everyone gets the financial aid email who sent a FAFSA. It doesn’t seem related to scholarships. And from another college we got a physical letter days after everyone else about a program. You might still get something in the mail. Good luck!

Is there any chance that they are still awarding trustees?

Right on the website for Purdue - there are 100 Trustees scholarships and they are announced mid-February so by my guess they haven’t finished yet. Presidential scholarships 830 of them same time-frame and Marquis are only for Indiana residents. So don’t loose hope and if anyone told you different look at the Purdue website for guidance!

@Seacoast – I guess its second hand but a few pages back someone said they called and were told all the Trustees had been given out and if you didn’t have one by now you weren’t getting one.

@Seacoast @carachel2 I did get an email from them that said I had been awarded a Purdue Merit Scholarship and that I’ll find out the amount in the mail, but I want to know if there’s any chance that it is a Trustees scholarship.

American but live in India, so I’ll take atleast 2-3 weeks before I actually get it in my mail.

@Volthoom — yeah that’s what I’m trying to say. The person who posted actually called Purdue and was told all the Trustees scholarships have gone out.

So any emails are probably referring to a Presidential.

and that’s what I’m trying to say…the website states mid-February. I would go with what the website says or call yourself. Can’t really trust anything on this website. I’m sure there are plenty of true statements here but to be absolutely sure you must call for yourself.

I was told that each school has a set number of scholarships to give out and they each have their own timing.

Presidential Scholarship listed on S student portal this AM. It is an added section on the listed items. OOS

@Seacoast – yep I guess you are right. Everyone should call.

But I would bet a lot of $$$$$ there are no more trustees going out. They seem to have all been notified late December, early January.

@BreakfastClub1 Where on the student portal?

Log in via the My Purdue portal. There is a link in the letter they sent, but here is the address in case you didn’t receive the letter.
https://wl.mypurdue.purdue.edu/

@jmek15 thanks!

To get this information online, you need to set up your purdue “career” account, if you haven’t already. There are instructions on how to do this in your acceptance letter. In that portal (mypurdue.purdue.edu), you can view “financial aid status” and see your merit aid amount.

Is anyone else concerned about poor communication from Purdue? Still trying to figure out how to get answers from them about omission of any Merit award with 98th percentile ACT with 99% STEM scores. top 3% in class with strong leadership. Their FAQ link within the Financial award portal is broken. FinAid email form links go unanswered. My daughter emailed her admissions counselor as we had a residency classification error as out of state which was just resolved a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to find out if this possibly bumped her out. No communication. No acceptance letter in the mail - just a poster “You are a Boilermaker.” Lame! No invitation to the Honors college yet. Lot’s of love and lots of communication from other schools including IUB, Butler, UNC, Loyola, DePaul, Baylor, UW Madison. Still waiting on decisions from Northwestern and Vanderbilt. My husband and I are Purdue Grads - engineering and nursing. Sadly we would have been proud for her to go to Purdue! >:P

@prep4col…Why wouldn’t you just call? They probably get thousands of emails a day. I would call them that’s what my parent’s always say…they can’t avoid you if they are “face to face” with your voice! Good luck! I too am waiting on honors invitation…I figure it just takes time…good luck! :-c

@prep4col …yes, I too am concerned with Purdue’s inability to communicate reliably. While my son was admitted timely according to his application, and was invited to the Honors College, their communication on Merit Aid has been horrible. While their website says mid-February, some kids were offered aid in December, some by email, some by snail mail, and others nothing (like my son and your daughter). Meanwhile, other schools that have their act together are winning over our students. Purdue’s loss, as my son has lost interest in Purdue at this point, and views their lack of Merit Aid notification as a sign of disrespect to his strong application credentials.

@voltthorn Need to login into My Purdue Student Portal (or set up if that has not been done). Tap Admissions, Tap Accept Your Admmission and directions are there. Once you are in, they have added another section for Financial Aid & Awards. Email said they were added this AFTER 2/17.

Should it be in the place that asks for “aid year”? I received merit aid, but I do not see any changes.

@Seacoast I decided to take your advice and call the Dept FinAid. Merit awards are determined by the admission departments of individual schools. Financial Aid information will be uploaded after 5 pm tomorrow. Will check and if no award $$ then will make inquiries to the admissions department of the college she is admitted to.