Ronald A. Hammond Scholarship

In other words December 23rd of last year

Hey guys. Just spoke to the admission officer and she said that all the invitations went out via email and that the deny email will be coming out soon but there was a glitch in the system.
I asked her what qualifications you had to have and she said that there were over 1000 applicants and they could only invite 100 so even students that are very high achieving academically didn’t get invited.
Also it didnt matter if you applied ED,EA, or RD.

So I guess thats it for me :frowning: Oh well

Thank you @canedom567594‌ that was very helpful

And yea that’s it for me as well. Miami wasn’t my top choice but it would have been nice to go down there for the interview.

Yah thanks for the clarification. I knew I had this coming when I submitted a late application, so I’m not surprised. I guess Miami is still a slim possibility as I got a large presidential scholarship. Hopefully financial aid and other outside scholarships will be able to cover a lot too. But Good Luck to all those with interviews!

Hey guys. I applied RD around 12/15. I’m OOS from NY. I got invited to the hammond interview, foote fellows program and harambee. Does anyone want to post their stats? I want to see what other people who got the interview have to offer.
My stats
2180 SAT
7 APS
3.7 unweighted GPA
First generation american college student
3 years varsity sports
National achievement scholarship finalist
Other EC’s
Miami is my first choice and I can’t attend without a scholarship

@malikaell we have similar stats but you applied way earlier than I did LOL

@AwesomGuy‌ I don’t really think the date of applying affects things too much. I know they usually give out 30 scholarships. Does anyone have an idea of how many people get invited to the interview? I’ve heard of people getting the scholarship with sat scores as low as 1780

Is there anyone flying in from Minneapolis, MN that got invited to interview for the Hammond Scholarship? If so, would that person be willing to consider being my traveling buddy? :))) Feel free to send me a message on here!

Hey! I’m from North Louisiana, so if anyone got invited to interview for the scholarship from Louisiana, don’t hesitate to message me on here! Even if you aren’t from Louisiana, feel free to message me. It’d be great to get to know some people before we show up at the end of March.

What hotel is everyone staying at? They’re all quite expensive and my mom doesn’t know what to do.

@naijaboy97,

The Holiday Inn is now sold out. I’m only staying near Miami the first night. I found cheaper rooms in Fort Lauderdale.

@4CookieMonster‌

How far is Ft. Lauderdale from the campus and will you be renting a car?

Yes, I rented a car. Ft. lauderdale is probably 25 miles north on 95. It’s easy to get to and from the U. Miami is located where 95S ends. It’s spring break in the area and most rooms are over $300 a night. She can find rooms in the mid-100s in Ft. lauderdale but the car rental rates are high also. I was able to book a car through my job at a discount.

Everything that I looked at in the Miami area was very expensive. I never stay close to campus. Last year when DD visited a friend that goes there, I didn’t see her until we were leaving to go to the airport,

Is your mom comfortable traveling/driving in a different city?
Does she need to visit at this time? Spring Break is an expensive time of year.

We are from New York so she will be uncomfortable navigating through Miami (never been there before)
We already booked the flight so I guess we will have to settle for what we find.

Thank You though @4CookieMonster‌

GL. If your mom is interested in meeting up, let me know. I think the parents are able to attend the mixer. I plan on exploring the area (Coral Gables)

Did anyone else receive their interview time slot? What time do you interview?

It’s almost here guys!!! Anyone interested on getting to know each other before the mixer? I’m thinking of making a group message on WhatsApp or something…

@96brudas‌ there is already a groupme for the Hammond and the harambee . do you want me to add you? You can message me your phone number. Its better to get the app though.