Scholarships?

<p>Yeah, my ACT is 29 with a GPA of 3.9UW/4.3W with good ECs and community service involvement, but I got nothing..</p>

<p>Gia, my states are almost identical to yours (3.93 uw 4.37 w; 29 ACT). Now I'm afraid I wont get anything. :-(</p>

<p>Aww don't be! I mean, they have their own system, so it really depends on the individual, you know.</p>

<p>yeaa... min. ACT for scholarships is 31. or 1350 SAT (28 ACT, 1310 SAT is what I had, i got squat :mad:)</p>

<p>thats not true, i got a 1930 (1330 without writing) and i got the dean's scholarship for 16,000.</p>

<p>Looking over GPAs and test scores for scholarship recipients on this site, there does not seem to be any consistency to the scholarship decisions. Some students with scores much lower than the stated guidelines received scholarships , while others who met the guidelines did not. So there must be other factors besides stats & ECS involved in the decision(perhaps geographic location, school attended, I don't know). Don't count on receiving a scholarship, even if you appear to qualify.</p>

<p>Do the scholarship amounts appear online, on the acceptance letter, or only on a separate letter in the acceptance packet?</p>

<p>I got my acceptance letter today in the mail but no word about merit scholarships. My stats are: 3.8 UW/2050 SAT (680, 680, 690)/ 20 of 120 class rank.</p>

<p>Do they send out scholarships later on or am I out of luck? I have a feeling my class rank killed me even though I do go to a private school. </p>

<p>If not then I guess I can eliminate this school from my list.</p>

<p>3.94 UW
4.37 W </p>

<p>Rank
2/217 </p>

<p>ACT 29</p>

<p>I got the Deans Scholarship ($16000).</p>

<p>My son received his acceptance today and he got a Dean's Scholarship (16000/yr)
3.7UW/4.3W all high honors level and AP's
Top8%
ACT 30 SAT 1350/2030 (680V/670M/680W)
Lots of EC, great recommendations
No legacy
White Male from CT</p>

<p>$24K
1540/2320 SAT
Top 3% of 315
98.139 WGPA
8 AP's
2300 total of 3 SAT Subject Tests</p>

<p>I was invited to interview for the Singer Scholarship too, but I already went to interview for the HPM.</p>

<p>"Do the scholarship amounts appear online, on the acceptance letter, or only on a separate letter in the acceptance packet?"</p>

<p>I have the same question.. i found out online i got in, but no idea about $.. and if no $ then no go lol</p>

<p>i got a 16k scholarship in the mail yesterday but didnt see anything about it online</p>

<p>100Canadian
My son's acceptance letter made no mention of the scholarship but behind the letter in the acceptance packet was a certificate and included with all the material was an info sheet including FAQ questions regarding the scholarship (gpa requirements etc) Hope this helps you out.</p>

<p>k thanks irishmary203 and nicole716</p>

<p>that sucks tho cuz i probably wont find out for another 2-3 weeks.. it takes about that long for stuff to get here lol</p>

<p>but thanks for the help</p>

<p>I got my letter in the mail today, with it there was a certificate with it saying I got a University Scholarship for 24k a year. There's nothing about the scholarship online though so I guess you just find out with your acceptance letter if you got merit money or not.
2100 SAT, 4.9 W/3.9UW, and top 5%.</p>

<p>Have any Frost School of Music applicants received their decisions and any specifically music scholarship money? Are there any who get both merit and music scholarships?</p>

<p>Has anyone been wait listed at University of Miami this year and does anyone know how long their lists are and if they take people off the list?</p>

<p>I am a HS Junior from CT. I have a 3.75/4 gpa at one of the best public schools in the state. I get my SAT scores back this tuesday so I will have more information but I am hoping for about a 2000-2100. I would need a scholarship to be able to afford the school I was wondering what everyone thinks of my chances?</p>

<p>athlete101-Miami puts a lot of weight on your rank and if your school doesn't rank but includes some sort of bar chart or rank ranges they will use that. Miami likes to give scholarships to those in the top 10%. This is what hurt my son as far as scholarships at Miami are concerned. He had high test scores and good GPA, but was only in the top 25-30% of his extremely competitive high school class where approximately the top 20-25% attend Ivy or similarly selective schools. That said, I think you have a pretty good chance for a scholarship if you get 2050+ on your SAT and maintain or raise your GPA, but there are no guarantees.</p>