Spring 2017 transfer to Texas A&M(anyone else?)

@YakinAg sorry to hear that. Did you see the change in howdy today? Hope everything works out for you.

@YakinAg sorry about the news, keep on working hard! So did they start reviewing them already cause they said to the 15 but you never know.

@laura95 Sorry, I’ve been MIA… I don’t have any idea about the residency. I can’t do 1 and 3 either. Residency was on my applicant page and looked fine. Sorry I can’t help.

@YakinAg Ugh, so sorry to hear. Persistence is key, at least that’s what my momma tells me.

Just wanting to know my chances.
3.75 Transfer GPA
36 Transferable Credits
Applying to Computer Engineering - Computer Science track
Second choice major is Computer Science
Iv’e completed most engineering basics, such as Calc 1 and 2, Physics 1, and Intro to Comp Sci.

Iv’e only made 2 B’s in college so far.
Application submitted on the 17th, all my paperwork was in on the 30th.
I’m also applying from a 4 year university under the Texas A&M system (TAMUK)
I have a transfer audit but nothing in my howdy portal has changed. All I have are the ‘home’, ‘applicant’, and ‘my howdy’ tabs. AIS hasn’t changed either.
Was just wondering if I should keep my hopes up or if I should be focusing on the next fall.
Thanks!

@TXag2017spring @coscAGG17 I was denied by the University without review. So after calling, I was told that my application did not even make it into Construction Science. which means that they are about to send all of the applications over for review. I will keep the thread going if any changes happen. I will probably go back to work after this seamiest and reapply. Red is not my color!

@TXag2017spring, almost forgot, the change was in AIS, one day I noticed that at the top it was a lot wider where my name and Major are, and I knew it looked different, and then on wednesday night I looked and it showed View Decision.

@YakinAg sorry to hear about that, if anything you could apply for next fall if you’re set on A&M. I really think that upwards trends shows that you’re dedicated to your studies and taking school more seriously. Honestly, I am also thinking about UH construction management even if I am lucky enough to get accepted to A&M.

Does anyone know who officially makes the transfer decision? And who reads the essay?

@coscAGG17 the construction science department themselves look at the whole application. I think admissions just makes sure that we’are qualified to go under review. After COSC makes a decision they will notify admissions and then they notify us. I’m pretty sure that’s how it works

@pokerunner Thanks so much! I hope we all get admitted nw that its past the 15 I’m sure it won’t be long!

@coscAGG17 I called them a couple of days ago and they still said it would be 4-6 weeks, but hopefully it’s sooner than later!

@pokerunner Yeah they told me the same thing. But I believe it will be sooner i just have that feeling! I will be checking if my tabs come up hopefully they do.

Wanting to know my chances.
3.75 Transfer GPA
36 Credits
Computer Engineering - Computer Science Track

@pedialytered I think you have a good shot considering you have Calc 1/Calc 2/Phys 1 done and I’m going to assume Calc 3/Phys 2 in progress. You’ll have an even better chance of being admitted if you have above a 3.0 in all STEM courses.

@coscAGG17 @pokerunner I know we’ve applied to different departments but we can finally begin expecting an answer any week now. It’s been such a long wait!

@CompSciAg I hope so! It will be nice to finally hearing an answer after waiting for quite a while.

@CompSciAg Physics 2 and Differential Equations in progress. I made a B in a digital logic design class, and a B in inorganic chemistry. Those are the only two B’s I have made. Everything else has been an A. I look to either get a 4.0 or at least a 3.8 this semester. I’m hoping that I get in. Seeing everyone else getting in makes me happy and more hopeful!

@CompSciAg @pokerunner I’m saying! I can’t wait it’s been forever!!! I just need to know I wish they gave us an exact day

Howdy Future Ags!

For those of you who have been accepted already, congratulations! For those of you still waiting to hear back, I know firsthand just how painful the waiting and wondering process is because I was actually a transfer student myself into Mechanical Engineering during the fall of 2013.

Texas A&M University is a fantastic place to be a student and has provided me with opportunities and experiences I will never forget. With that being said, I am quickly approaching my graduation date this December, and am excited to start the next chapter of my life working as an engineer, full-time.

I am currently searching for a student who plans to move to College Station for the Spring of 2017 and is looking for housing. The 4 bedroom house I live in is ridiculously close to campus, and has the coolest roommates you could possibly ask for. The house has a backyard and each tenant has their own room and bathroom. Please contact me if you would like more information or would like a tour of the house! I am willing to negotiate. Also, feel free to contact me if you have any questions about life in College Station or making the transition as a transfer student. I work in the advising office so I answer similar questions every day as my job =]

Message me through this website or text me @ 281##309##2342.

Thanks, good luck, and Gig ‘Em!

Does anyone know how many people applied to construction science or how competitive it usually is?

@ChristianDelgado51 it isn’t known how many people applied to the program, but there’s about 5-7 of us here. They said they’re looking at applicants around a 3.0 and when I said I had a 3.55 the COSC advisor said “oh you’re fine” so I guess that range should be solid.