Spring 2017 transfer to Texas A&M(anyone else?)

Hey guys! just here to update. sent in my application and transcript on 8/24, I got my UIN on 8/29. AIS says they have not received my transcript even though it was sent electronically. Any idea how long it takes for A&M to process that?Also for anyone else applying for construction science, an advisor in the department told me I was basically fine with a 3.55 GPA. If you are around that range I think you should be fine!

My major will be Kinesiology

from what i understand, you have to have math 141 & 142 (1324 & 1325 at blinn) on a transcript at the time of your application to be considered for kines

Required Coursework for Kinesiology

http://admissions.tamu.edu/pdf-transfer1617/Kinesiology-Physical-Education-done.aspx

http://admissions.tamu.edu/pdf-transfer1617/Kinesiology-Physiology-and-Motor-Behavior-done.aspx

http://admissions.tamu.edu/pdf-transfer1617/Kinesiology-Dance-Science-done.aspx

That is a major disappointment! :(((

I wonder why Elementary Statistics wouldn’t count or even College Algebra?

It states “Complete MATH 1324 and MATH 1325 (or equivalents)”. What are the equivalents do they mean? That’s what I can’t find, though I have located the rest.

I think the equivalents are straight up calc 1 and 2. I could be wrong though

@ssppiikkeerr My extracurriculars and volunteering isnt that great. I was in FBLA and Key club in high school and completed the hours for it, thats all. Ive heard that extracurriculars and volunteering arent the most important thing. My grades are good so all I can do now is hope for the best

If im not wrong guys, the first round of acceptances should be coming sometime around September 15

I really hope I can catch that wave of acceptances @Aggie1997 not sure if I should be concerned about my transcript not being processed yet.

@pokerunner that is a huge disappointment.

@Aggie1997 your GPA is really good! What school are you transfering from? I wish you the best of luck in the process. How do you know the first wave of acceptaces is Sep 15?

That would be great if the first wave is Sept. 15… won’t stop me from checking Howdy 20 times a day though! Does anyone know anything about RPTS?

@1wannabanagE what’s RPTS?

@monserrate It’s basically Parks and Rec. I’m doing Youth Development. 3.33 GPA at application with 43 credits.

@monserrate Hey Dude, I basically checked the last thread for Spring of 2016 and I saw that people were accepted for all majors around September 13thish, but remember these people applied in the first ten-15 days of August. I also emailed the staff for engineering and they told me most results would come in November but the process is rolling so if your stats are good enough you can get in early. Best of luck to you!!!

@pokerunner @monserrate Pokerunner, its possible you get into the first wave, when did you send your transcript? and monserrate, the only major I didn’t see getting in around that time was some liberal arts majors and Business. Best of luck to both of you and hopefully we all get in.

@monserrate im transferring from UTSA.

@Aggie1997 I sent it on 8/24 electronically. Also, how was your experience at UTSA? I’ve heard the campus has been coming along nicely.