Spring 2017 transfer to Texas A&M(anyone else?)

(I’ve posted this before. If you’re interested, please reach out!)

Howdy Future Ags!

For those of you who have been accepted already, congratulations! For those of you still waiting to hear back, I know firsthand just how painful the waiting and wondering process is because I was actually a transfer student myself into Mechanical Engineering during the Fall of 2013.

Texas A&M University is a fantastic place to be a student and has provided me with opportunities and experiences I will never forget. With that being said, I am quickly approaching my graduation date this December, and am excited to start the next chapter of my life working as an engineer, full-time.

I am currently searching for a student who plans to move to College Station for the Spring of 2017 and is looking for housing. The 4 bedroom house I live in is ridiculously close to campus, and has the coolest roommates you could possibly ask for. The house has a backyard and each tenant has their own room and bathroom. Please contact me if you would like more information or would like a tour of the house! I am willing to negotiate. Also, feel free to contact me if you have any questions about life in College Station or making the transition as a transfer student. I work in the advising office so I answer similar questions every day as my job =]

Message me through this website or text me @ 281##309##2342.

Thanks, good luck, and Gig ‘Em!

Hey guys! I have been lurking here for a while and I finally got accepted to Computer Science.

My GPA: 3.74

Phi Theta Kappa

Applied 8/15

In Review 8/24

Heard back 11/22 via AIS

@LightningRod65 Congrats! What Coursework had you completed?

No response back before Thanksgiving break :frowning: . I applied on 10/17 (last possible day) with ME as first choice with a gpa of 3.86. As they have changed my 1st and 2nd major choices to aerospace (my second major) on AIS I’m assuming I didn’t get accepted to meche, however I am feeling optimistic about things. Anyone else still not gotten their decision yet? Was really hoping this would be over with before the break, think there is any chance they get back to me over the break?

@MichaelMcG hi Michael. Actually, most of us are still in review and waiting. It’s good that you’re still optimistic
about the decisions.

Your GPA is high so that’s a huge plus! I myself have a 3.7 in Computer Science and applied earlier than you, still haven’t heard back either.

@MichaelMcG. Hi Michael, I am desiring to transfer to Texas A&M computer science and was wondering what courses you took. If I have a 3.3 or higher GPA with two strong essays, would I have a shot of getting in?

@rishi_patel , I have taken up to Dynamics and Diff Eq. at Texas Tech. If they are reviewing your essay you have a shot, good luck!

@aggieCS Thanks for letting me know I’m not alone! Glad that AIS updated and let me at least know that they are not going to be getting back to me at all until Monday so I don’t have to worry about it.

@MichaelMcG I also applied to computer science in early August and have been waiting since to hear back. You have a solid GPA and a good amount of courses done given that you’ve taken dynamics and DE. I think you have a good shot at being accepted into Aero and the only reason you were denied by Mech is because of space. Stay positve!

@CompSciAg You applied in early August and are still waiting for a decision? Yeeesh, that’s rough. Good luck dude!

@MichaelMcG Nice. On their transfer course sheet for computer science (http://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs-transfer/ENG-Computer-Sci.pdf) If I didn’t complete the approved science but I did the math 2413, woul that be Ok, because they are recommended coursework, and not required

@rishi_patel yeah on that page it says “students with Math 2414 will have a more competitive chance of getting in”, or something along those lines. So your application isn’t as strong as it would be if you had taken math 2414 but you definitely have still have a good chance. I wouldn’t worry about it.

@MichaelMcG Thanks! So I even did thenoptional essay as well even though they don’t require it. Because it says the minimum GPA is a 3.0 but I’ll surpass that requirement by having a higher one. Do you know other people that sucesfully gained admission to the program that were in similar positions as me?

@rishi_patel I have no idea. I would say just keep your head up and don’t stress about anything because there is nothing more you can do at this point. I’m sure you can browse this thread to see who was accepted and see what kind of GPA those people had if you really want to get a better idea of what your chances look like.

@csesh115 You were accepted into both aerospace and petroleum? Did you apply for change of major after being accepted into aerospace? Were you not originally denies by petroleum after both your majors on AIS were changed to aero?

Does anybody when or how you get notified of scholarships?

Y’all, i got a call from my recruiter yesterday. She said all decisions are in and that we should be able to view them on AIS at some point today. I got my tabs! I’m now waiting for my acceptance on AIS :slight_smile: Best of luck to all of you that have yet to hear back!

Yay! @CompSciAg Thank you for the info and hopefully I’ll see you in some Comp Sci classes in Aggieland!

@CompSciAg Congratulations man! I also got my tabs this morning :))) ! Holding those decisions over thanksgiving break was pure evil lol.

Congratulations to the CS admits!! I wasn’t accepted into CS after such a long wait. Crossing my fingers that
I get admitted for my second choice(Comp. Engineering)

@pedialytered Were you admitted into Computer Engineering?!

@MichaelMcG Thanks man! Congratulations on your admissions! Did you get into aerospace?