Spring 2019 Transfer

has anyone heard something yet?

Nope

nothing

You guys know how long we have to wait before switching our major?

What do you mean?

if i want to switch my major when i get there how long do you have to wait?

for instance from the biology department to the economics department

just an example not what i want to switch into, actually want to do microbio.

Actually, I’m not even sure if they’d let you cause I know that some schools when you declare a major as a transfer, you can’t switch. I don’t think it’d be an issue if it was within the same schooo but biology and economics def are different departments

Oh, it’s within science so I don’t think you’d have an issue cause once you actually have been accepted they will write it down and make it officially your major, but I don’t think it’ll be hard to switch

just told me we should expect our decisions in December …

I’m so stressed out because they will have to override some classes for me cause I already saw that one of my sports admi classes is almost full…

do you think we will hear back sooner than that?

If we get accepted don’t we have to meet with an advisor before picking classes?

I was told mid November, late November since I applied early September but I don’t believed a dang thing from those people anymore. And yes, we meet them during orientation I believe but I wanna pick my classes already because I’m working for the football team so I work according their schedule

I just read a thread from last spring and decisions where release first for int students… are any of you international or your friend? @UMspringT Also they said that someone was accepted with its application as incomplete because of its AP scores which make me chill out since my IB scores are missing (I already send them but they havent process them though)

Nope, we’re all Florida residents. And yes, that’s why I was saying to not really worry about that cause your AP/IB scores don’t really make you or break you for your application

Does dropping a class impact our chances of getting into the university ?

never heard anything about if it does from the University.

I was in a similar position, but I think you’re past your W deadline and all you’ll get rn it’s an F so idk