Spring 2019 Transfer

So I just called and explained to her that I thought it was strange how I’ve applied Sep 5th and I haven’t heard anything, but my friend was already admitted and she applied after me. She looked into it and she said that there’s something wrong with the office and that’s probably why I haven’t heard anything, that she would say that I should be hearing back by the end of next week

did she specifically say that there was something wrong with your application or just the whole admissions system? Also, the end of next week is Thanksgiving will they still be releasing decisions?

I think in this case she was speaking about me because I applied so long ago and I still haven’t heard anything, but it’ll probably be the same for those who applied around the same days as me. Yeah, I thought the same about next week but idk, I’m just going to wait til Friday and if not I’m calling again Monday because I’m tired of waiting. One of my classes is full for the spring and now I have to call the registrar office to figure this out

@UMspringT so you know if once we are accepted are we able to enroll in classes or are we put on hold until taking to an advisor? because I already know what classes I need to take and everything. Also on your cane link what does it said on “application date” mine is 17/10/2018 but I applied before that…

Yeah, once we’re accepted we can enroll. Are you in the Miami area? If you’d like a confirmation, you could pass by with the transfer adviser or at the registrar office to make sure all classes go together and it won’t be a crazy amount of work.

Where do I see the application date? @clan123

@UMspringT you see it under application status, and click on student admission.

Oh okay, I had to see it on the mobile app. Mine also says Oct 17, but I think that’s because that’s when we finally received our canelink

Idk but we’re sitting together at orientation and becoming besties lol

I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the whole admissions system since we usually have to wait 2 weeks to hear something regarding our admission but they are telling us late November, early December. So I assume something is wrong with the admissions system as a whole. Plus they did say something about the common app being a little buggy. @caity427

Since they changed the common app, they had lots of issues but if you read the past threads for transfers, they still had issues with admissions. Online it even says that it takes 4 weeks to receive our decision

yes I am but I will be leaving in mid December to my home country so I hope to hear before that @UMspringT

I hope we hear before then, as soon as I get accepted I will let you guys know and we can all take a trip the campus to pick our classes and get this over with

Mine says the 24th which confuses me haha, but I guess that’s when my app was seen by them. I sent it the 20th if I am not mistaken.

Just want the whole process to be over with haha. So we can take a trip down and all become friends

For real!! I just can’t take this stress anymore, I wanna be in peace

This school is going to be the end of my freaking life. Now I have like 8 different stuff for financial aid when I already have submitted all of it and they’re asking me for MY tax returns when I already specified that I do not work. I’m so annoyed, can anyone else check if they have this issue please?

I just checked and I don’t have anything on my to do list for financial aid. I also selected the option that I didn’t need financial aid.

Ugh, I’m so stressed out. I already sent EVERYTHING and they told me they had all of it too, idk why they keep doing this to me

I think that in some way this is a good sign because they have started to look at your application.

You’re right, maybe yes