TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@beckistew: Good luck! Your daughter is interested in an unusual (to me anyway!) major, and I would think that having a LOR from a judge would be a very positive point in her favor. Having a good idea of what the major involves is a great indicator that it is something that she will stick with. So many students have no idea of what they want to major in, or have an unrealistic view of what the major requires and what the eventual jobs entail.

I am gong to have my current Aggie Freshman take an in-depth aptitude battery of tests over this Summer to see in what major her varied aptitudes and interests will fit best. She thought she wanted to major in English, but she knows that she doesn’t want to teach. She will probably end up with something in Liberal Arts.

Check out the post by Thelma2 on : TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions at post #451. This is a list of results for applicants in Fall 2017, Class of 2021, who posted their stats and decisions received: Full Admit, Blinn-TEAM, PSA. The info is listed by Major, HS class rank, ACT/SAT scores and date the decision was received. It is very interesting, but there is no discernible pattern as 50% of the review decision is based on their essays, LORs and other info that only the reviewers see. My daughter’s stats are not on that list as I joined the group later.

Full Admission is always Plan A, becoming a full Aggie and living in Aggieland, but I view Gateway and Blinn-TEAM as Plan A- as this decision also allows a student to be an Aggie with all of the benefits of being on the TAMU campus and living in CStat. Plan B would be just Blinn College and transferring in, still enjoying the benefits of living in CStat but not with the benefits of a TAMU ID. I guess that Galveston would fit in there somewhere for Majors offered there as they are Sea Aggies and have a TAMU ID, but the downside is that they don’t live full time in CStat.

There is just nothing like being an Aggie in Aggieland as your husband must know! I went to college Out of State, I am not a Texan. My husband is a Texan but went elsewhere for his degrees (not tu) and our first experience with Aggieland was with our oldest daughter. We have visited a lot of the Universities in TX and we are sure that TAMU (and ALL of CStat) is just the most friendly place. It may not be the most beautiful campus, but it has a great heart!

If your daughter really wants to be an Aggie, any decision that has her living in CStat is a great option. It really comes down to an issue of space. There just isn’t enough room for everyone who wants to be an Aggie. I hope that she gets offered full admission, but if not, if she really wants to be an Aggie, then Gateway or Blinn-TEAM or just Blinn College is a great way to start living life as an Aggie in CStat and be on the path that leads to a TAMU diploma.

Just got an email reminding me to apply for scholarships and I’m sure some of you did too. I wish they would quit emailing me until they accept me… it gets my hopes up every time :slightly_frowning_face:

I haven’t gotten any emails from tamu since my application acknowledgement… I didn’t receive anything regarding applying for scholarships!

@pal321 I got that email too.

@TXagghopeful1 It was a reminder to do the scholarship application in ApplyTexas/MyCoalition so if you already did it, maybe you did not receive the email. I know I got one about the Corps as well at some point and possibly one more email.

@pal321 Me too

I just found this forum yesterday and it’s been super helpful and encouraging! My daughter is currently in review, also. I have a question … I read on another thread that TAMU won’t consider you for Blinn team if you’re graduating with high dual credit hours. Is it correct that they will only consider the number of DC hours on your transcript, i.e. through junior year?

this wait is agonizing.

@gigem99 I am graduating with dc hours, but it’s only 6 credit hours (2 classes). Hopefully this won’t affect my decision :frowning:

Cannot believe they haven’t sent out any acceptances for holistic review since 11/21 :confused:

Same. I kept assuming they would release more before the holiday break… :slightly_frowning_face:

They are being conservative since application date was pushed back. They have to accept all top 10% so they need to be careful about accepting too many before then. With that being said, there will probably be another release before the break! Crossing fingers anyway!!! Deep breath everyone!

I did notice on the bottom of the page in the howdy portal is says “Last updated on: 2017-12-11:11:08:17”

So there might be a release tomorrow?

@CyMom4 I sure do hope so!

@helimom3 we have an email address in gateway as well. I hope it means something!!

I checked the gateway thing too and it says I have a disabled email, though it says (return to sender) next to the email it gives me. What does that mean?

@TXagghopeful1 what is the “gateway” you are referring to? Where do you see an email address?

gateway.tamu.edu I believe everyone will have an email address. It was created when you signed into the AIS for the first time.Whatever you used as your login name will be the email address with @tamu.edu at the end. Make sense? My son’s still shows disabled as well. Not sure this means anything at all. Not trying to be the bearer of bad news, just informing based on experience.

A lot of colleges have decisions coming out tonight/tomorrow…would be nice if TAMU gave some of us good news tomorrow as well.