TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

I applied in September also.

Just a correction for some info - decisions that are released before application deadline are traditionally full admits. After that deadline, ALL types of admits/decisions roll out. They are a mixed group from that point onwards, it is not tiered like all full, then all Blinn, etc. As time goes on, there are fewer openings available in each category (the fewest being full to CS) so the numbers swing regarding the majority of decision outcomes that day/week. We do know a full to college station admit that heard very late - in March! A TAMU rep from admissions confirmed a few years ago that all types of admits are possible until the very end of decisions. Many majors will be full for later admits, but you can pick any open major if admitted to the university.

Rolling admissions mean that there is no release date for all decisions, they roll out. It is does not mean that first to apply = first to hear for review admits. Some colleges have release dates = everyone hears on the same day. Hope that helps some of you that are waiting.

Praying tabs continue change throughout the day! Congrats to those accepted before Christmas! My daughter applied to Education and Human Development (Allied Health), 2nd choice Public Health. I have not seen any admits at least on this forum receiving any notice yet in either of these majors. Does major make a difference at all?

CONGRATS TO ALL THAT GOT TABS!!! I’ve been hovering around watching and waiting and am so happy for everyone!

@labegg @PleaseGod2022 @helixmom @kcheves Thanks for all of the support during the wait AND for your sweet words. Such a great feeling, but for those still waiting, it is totally normal (although not helpful to hear) that the majority of full admits will not hear until January. Especially since app. date was pushed back. So please stay positive and know you’ve done your best.

@Mandog82 Son applied July 1st.

I don’t want to be the one to say it, but in the past, tabs update once a day and typically in the morning. I hope I’m mistaken this time.

As for admissions, it shouldn’t matter your major on when you find out. You’re admitted to TAMU and if major is open, then you get it, if not, then automatically switches to 2nd major. For my son, his major changed on the Howdy portal last night from BUAD to AGBusiness. That was my clue that tabs would happen this morning. There probably won’t be any more admission decisions until January now. It’s not rolling, but in waves. So expect another release 2nd or 3rd week (after TAMU gets back up and running).

Hang tight lil Aggies, your time is coming!!!

got 6 tabs today and access to housing!:slight_smile: applied July 1.

Civil Engineering
SAT 1400 (but sub score for english didn’t meet min)
3.89 GPA class rank 13%

did not do extra essays or recommendation letters
score of 5 on Ap Calculus exam

Good luck to everyone! hopefully they will start rolling in.

Could @helimom3 or anyone else explain to me the 6 tabs system? I woke up and just got 6 tabs this morning, but I’m still confused as to what that entails. Is it a sign that I am accepted? As with everyone else my AIS is still “complete and in review”. I am excited, but still sceptical. Thanks a ton, congrats to everyone who just made it! :smiley:

@mr_mutto my understanding is that the 6 tabs is a sign of acceptance and that your review status should change to accept status within a day or two. Congrats!

@mr_mutto DO not be skeptical… you’re in! Now go sign up for housing asap! Oh and congrats of course!!!

@YourCollegeMom (I knew google auto correct was wrong, ‘sceptical’ :P) Awesome!! that just made my entire year!! Thanks so much!

I told my daughter not to “announce” it until her AIS was updated but it let her apply for housing so I guess she’s really in. She is still really on the fence about A&M - another university out of state has stolen her heart plus she’s considering a gap year and deferring enrollment one year either way. I just really wanted her to have A&M as an option. Her twin is going to A&M, no question - he was auto admin and ONLY applied to A&M :wink: and selfishly I would love them to be together but they need to go where they feel is the best fit for them. Good Luck to everyone applying! Enjoy your Christmas! This board has been a huge help - and a blessing during the wait!

@mr_mutto I didn’t even notice but I did just look it up and both spellings are correct!!! IT’s our lucky day!

@JenniferAggie91 great perspective! I’m sure she will make the best decision for her with you supporting her like you do! So hard to hold back our wants for them and for ourselves. Parenting is so fun, right? lol

I posted this on the engineering thread but see quite a few on this thread posting about engineering:

AIS updated for my son this morning showing he was admitted to General Engineering (Electronic Sys ET)!!! It also allows him to register for his NSC and Howdy shows College Station.

Applied: 7/2
UIN: 7/6
Admitted to university: 9/21 academic admit
Admitted to General Engineering: 12/15
Class rank: 123/589 top 21%
School: public, Texas, 6A
ACT: 30 composite (math 27, english 29)
SAT: 1330 composite (math 640)
GPA 3.8 out of 4.0
He is highly involved in all of the bands at his high school and plans to join the Corp. He also had a letter of recommendation from a former graduate whom he worked for over the summer and a letter from one of his engineering teachers that nominated him for an outstanding student award last year. He lettered in band and academics. He also did all three essays.

Congrats to everyone else who found out today and good luck to those still waiting.

I GOT 6 TABS! I applied mid-November, but I was almost an academic admit. I had the 1360 and was in top quarter of my class, but didnt make the 660 on the reading section (40 points off of it). Considering I applied for biomedical science and did great on the math portion, I guess they went ahead and accepted me. :slight_smile: I hope you all hear back soon too!

Congratulations @pal321. Very cool watching kids’ dreams come true in real time.

@kcheves thank you so much!

Why isn’t my dream coming true? I’ve worked hard tooooo.

In still waiting too, but congrats to all those who got 6 tabs today.

@TXagghopeful1 don’t worry you weren’t the only one not admitted today! I’ll be along for the wait until January as well :frowning: Sad seeing people with very similar stats get in but so happy for all of them!!! Hoping that come next month we will all be receiving the good news many got today.

@TXagghopeful1 @HopefulAg22 I’m with y’all on this one too. Let’s pray January will be the month that our lives change.