TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

Can someone please tell me what is wrong with my application.I was confident of getting in but very scared now. Please checkout my stats again
Application date:14 October
Completed application with transcripts and LOR on 26th
I am International student so gpa measurement is different
9th grade:89%
10th grade:90%
11th:80%
12th:85%
Sat:1370(750 math and 620EBRW)
Sat subject tests:Maths level2(760) and Physics (750)
Toefl:108
College applied:college of engineering
Major:computer engineering
ECs:
National level football(9 grade)
Selected to represent india in nepal for football tournament.
Internship in quality assurance department at a wheel rim manufacturing factory(during 10 holidays)
Social work volunteer at pumpkin house for children trust(during 10 holidays)
Offered opportunity to attend football camp in Sweden(9 grade)
District level roll ball(11 grade)
Offered trip to nasa by securing rank in national astronomy Olympiad(class 8)
Co-curricular headboy of school(10 grade)
3years in student council(2 out of 3 years before 9)
Board of director member of rotary interact club.(7 and 8 grade)
Played drum in school throughout school and even during 11 grade)
Anchoring and conducting the school annual show(grade 10)
Professional course in c programming language(grade 11)
took professional course in basic german(grade 11)
Winner at interschool drama competition(grade 8)
District level table tennis(grade 9)
Took part in various environmental drives,blood donation camps etc
Attempted many Olympiads like national science Olympiad,international English Olympiad,national cyber Olympiad during grade 9
Did I do all 3 essays:no
My highlight:NASA invite and also the fact that despite I didnt have good facilities I excelled studying on my own.
In state/out of state:International
Current status on AIS:Under review

Edit:I did all three essays and what I think the essay C was good enough

@ckmyd234 Im not sure if you can send essays separately with A&M, but I would do all 3 essays if possible. They highly encourage you do all three if you are not an automatic/academic admit (this is for students who live in TX if you are unfamilar with it). Did you submit any rec letters? Those help too. Also remember you are applying for the college of engineering which is the most competitive school at TAMU. They extended their deadline and are being extra cautious about who they accept right now.

Why are some people getting a deferral email and some are still in review? Is it bad if we did not receive an email?

@CyMom4 no idea wondering that myself. Maybe it’s because they sent their application in later but I am really not sure.

@pal321 I did submit all three essays,submitted essay C 10 days after the application though.I also submitted letters of recommendation however their website says letter of recommendation dont matter at all.
Do i have a good chance of getting in?

@TXagghopeful1 I went over your stats again. Really the only thing holding you back are your test scores. I know of some that got in last year with lower, but they didn’t hear until February. But they were offered full admission.

From my understanding (and i could be wrong) they are currently letting bubble people in. The bubble is being close to auto or academic admit. Once the applications deadline passes, they will know how many holistic reviews they can accept.

Expect another wave in mid January. I believe you have a unique resume with your health passion and curriculum. If you want to increase your chances of getting in, take the ACT at TAMU. It’s last years exam and is graded within a day. Also shows your interest to TAMU.

i would take the act there, but it is such a hassle being that i live so far away. @YourCollegeMom

do they offer a way to retake without being on campus and being sure it shows up in time?

Also, I’m not sure if this has anything to do with being admitted, but I received two letters in the mail from A&M at some point this week: one about the corps and one about financial aid. I also received these in email form at some point too. I was accepted Friday, so they obviously sent them before I officially got in.

No, it’s on campus only. Sorry!

should i look into other colleges at this point? i feel like a couple people on here see no home for me going to my dream school

hope*

@TXagghopeful1 You should always be looking at other schools until you accept an offer of admissions. It’s never a bad idea to have a safety or two in mind that you are assured admissions into.But again, as many have said there is no real way of knowing whether a holistic candidate will be admitted or not. So don’t give up hope until late February.

If you are a review admit, you should certainly apply to back up schools. Positive thoughts are one thing , but reality is that the vast majority of review applicants do not get full admission, so you should have an alternate choice ready to go. You may get BT or Gateway or PSA, but you also may get denied entirely. It does happen, do yourself a favor and apply to places you would really like to attend. It will actually make your wait time less stressful, knowing you have another option. Best of luck!

I remember reading some insane stat that out of like 27,000 review applicants, only 3500 or something like that were offered full admission.

i have applied to ut and txst, but they don’t have my desired major… thats the biggest issue i face.

What major would that be @TXagghopeful1 (Also UT is much more competitive than A&M btw, I do know a few people however that were accepted to Austin but denied any form of admission to A&M)

Biomedical Science

Still 3 tabs :frowning: