TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@HopefulAg22 This is the link that was posted several weeks ago in this thread. http://testing.tamu.edu/Exams/ACT
Hope it helps

Hello everyone!

Please read:

I have received the corps of cadets and scholarships and financial aid letters in the mail. I was wondering whether this meant something regarding my admission because on the Scholarships and Financial Aid Letter it directed me to go to the “My Finances” tab on howdy portal. However, I do not have the tab (I still have three tabs). What I did was click the drop-down arrow on “Applicant” and proceeded with “FInancial AId Portal”. As I scroll to the bottom I see the header “Complete Documents” and under that, it reads “you are in good academic standing” with a checkmark beside it.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you!

@Mandog82 It does not have any meaning as far as admittance into the university. Most likely, those letters have to do with the Corps, and there is money to be had through the Corps of Cadets. As soon as you gain admission to the university, you will have a My Finances tab.

@Thelma2 The Corps of Cadets and Financial Aid/Scholarships letters were separate. The Financial Aid/Scholarship letter had nothing to do with the Corps and did not mention anything about the Corps. In addition, the FAFSA letter was telling me to already upload required documents to proceed with the process so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with admissions. Why else would they waste paper and send me that letter? I’m just putting puzzles together haha

@Mandog82 The financial aid letter has nothing to do with your admission. The office of financial aid is entirely separate from the admissions office and anyone is applying for aid and submitted a FAFSA has a file in the financial aid registry. They sent those out to you regardless of your status. As for the bit on wasting paper… A&M just spent $75 million dollars on a football coach, what a few hundred on printer paper?

@Evon1254 True. Looks like I’m getting my hopes up too fast

It’s not admissions, sorry. Based on when you submitted your application you are in the regular decision line to hear from engineering. You will receive a decision in January. Your stats do not dictate an earlier decision, sorry to say. Galveston and Blinn Engineering Academy decisions came out shortly after classes resumed in January.

My daughter was accepted to TAMU College Station on 12/15.

Application Date: Mid October
GPA and Class Rank: 3.7 and 11%
ACT Composite: 25
SAT: Didn’t take
College applied for: Texas A&M College Station
Major in that College: Zoology
ECs: HOSA; National Honor Society; Mission Trip to Uganda; part-time job for 1 year
Did you do all 3 essays: Yes and 1 Letter of Recommendation
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? Essays and Class Rank
In state/Out of State: In State
Current Status on AIS: Accepted

@whoop2022 I had a 23 ACT, 1110 SAT, (94/555) rank

I was just wondering what my chances of getting in would be.
ACT:27
SAT:1210
GPA:3.82(weighted) 3.22(unweighted)
I’m in the second quarter and the major im applying for is Biology.

@TXagghopeful1
I’ll be honest you’ll probably get BlinnTeam. But it’s highly unlikely with your standardized test scores to get into the main campus.

@BuffaloMimi
You’ll get BlinnTeam as well. Second quarter really hurts your application and your standardized exam scores are below average for college station.

Can someone chance my son?

His SAT was retaken 12/2-Thanks Hurricane Harvey for allowing one more chance at it. His score hasnt updated in AIS yet.

Could there be more application acceptances in December or January? Or do you think we are waiting until Feb/Mar?

Sons info:

Application Date : 9/15
When did you get your UIN: 9/18

GPA and Class Rank: 5.01/6.0 & 3.6/4.0 top 12.8% (85/678)

AP’s: 3

SAT: 1320, (670Reading Writing /650 Math) got his updated score today. He took again on 12/2.

College applied for: 1. Business 2. Political Science

Major in that College: Business Administration /

Did you do all 3 essays: yes

In state/Out of State: in

Corps of Cadets No

ECs- football 4 years, NHS, younglife, works, volunteer work (PALS etc) youth football coach

2 letters of recs. 1 Aggie and 1 Coach.

What are his chances?

· Reply ·

@RICHMONDAGGIE95 Mays is unlikely, as it is already full by now (spots fill up by end of Nov/early Dec). If accepted into the university, he will be placed in his second choice major.

Thanks. I hope he gets an acceptance or at least Blinn Team?

What are my chances?

Application date: 10/3
GPA: 4.0 (weighted)
Class rank: 83/601 (14%)
College of Science
Major: Biology
ACT: 28
SAT: didn’t take
EC: Varsity orchestra, student council, varies clubs, HOSA, NHS, and a community orchestra as well.
I did all three essays
2 letter of rec
I also maintained a job as an assistant manager since sophmore year.
In state
Current Status: complete and in review

I have been looking through a ton of posts, and it seems (very) roughly that 10 points on SAT = about 1% class rank. Has anyone else seen this or something similar? (rough numbers)

@teliperez My son’s stats are just like yours. He was accepted last Friday. Hang in there. I bet you hear next wave!!!

Mays is definitely full. My son got second choice major. They are not taking auto or academic admits any more. I was told by an admissions director that the only people with a chance are national merit finalists through some kind of exception.

@RICHMONDAGGIE95

Your son will get accepted into the main campus and second major (Mays is full). Since your son is nearly in the top 10% and has an SAT score in the mid-acceptance range for applicants, he has a good shot to get into campus. He also did all 3 essays, which is a plus. I believe your son will get his notification back on January/February. You can always have your son to do BlinnTeam if he wants to do his first choice major.

@teliperez

You will get accepted into the main campus and your biology major. Your rank is nearly in the top 10% and the ACT score is average for TAMU. Your major is relatively competitive, but you have the extracurricular activities to show for it.