TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

Howdy says the same for us. And can I just say how tired I am of answering so where is your daughter going next year and I say well we’re waiting to hear back from A&M and then someone says well so and so heard back! Don’t get me wrong I’m happy for those who got in just gets old explaining why we haven’t heard back.

Howdy portal is open now. I checked it today.

Happy New Year! Hope to hear some decisions soon.

From my understanding next “round/wave/notifications” etc. could be 3rd week of Jan. Crossing fingers. I know admissions worked over the break even though the University was closed. They aren’t taking this lightly. I also heard they have barely notified any review admits and that January will be a much bigger announcement!!! Yay… there’s still tons of hope coming your way peeps!

I have talked to someone in Admissions at length over many conversations. The Admissions Director is being very conservative this year and has let in fewer review students to date than years past. Part of the reason is because of the delay of the deadline until January. So just because you haven’t heard and your brother/sister/cousin/friend heard by this time last year, that means nothing. Very few review students have been let in.

i am hoping this will be the month for the majority of us! i feel like the break really gave me time to regain my confidence and hope.

@TXagghopeful1 Me too! Glad to see you stuck around.

Hi, all! This has been a very helpful forum. I would love some advice/chances based upon my stats. I am a homeschooled senior with two 4.0 dual credit classes in addition to a 4.0 in regular class work. I have participated in a study abroad and have won state and national awards. TEXAS A&M has been my #1 choice for several years!

Application Date: 11/20
GPA and Class Rank: 4.0. No class rank because I am homeschooled. TAMU assigned me 1st Quarter. I have deducted that this is a very good sign!! (Would love your thoughts on this)
ACT Composite: 25 (34 in English)
SAT: 1210 / Essay: 7/5/8 (8 in writing)
College applied for: Liberal Arts
Major in that College: (#1) History (#2) International Studies
ECs:
Hundreds of volunteer hours and community youth leader:
Trained Teacher/youth leader with CEF.

Founder of Historical Past, an online historical Education Initiative connecting Veterans oral histories with the younger generation on social media
Award winning historical documentarist. Ambassador and Oral Historian/Interviewest with the National WWII Museum, NOLA.
Received the National Billy Michal Student Leadership Award/American Spirit Award for Texas.
Full Scholarship Reciepient for the National Normandy Leadership Academy (study abroad) in France.

Appointed by City Council to be an Councilmember on the Mayor’s Youth Advisory Council (elected Secretary and Service Project Coordinator).
Salvation Army Volunteer
Boys and Girls Club Volunteer
Veterans Hospital Volunteer
Wreaths Across America Volunteer
Texas Girls Representative
National Patriot Academy

Did you do all 3 essays: Yes!
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process?
As listed above. Dedicated to my community, veterans advocacy, and the historian’s craft. Tons of ECs in the field of study I am pursuing at TAMU. 2 Excellent recommendation letters from very prominent Aggies/mentors.
In state/Out of State: In state, gig em.
Current Status on AIS: Complete and Under Review.

Strongly Considering Corps of Cadets.

Sorry for the super long post - would love your thoughts. I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for the admissions decision —� it’s agonizing!!!

Thanks and gig em.

@lydia2022 I think you may have a good shot (Blinn for sure). Reading through your post I thought, this exactly the kind of kid I would want at my university (If I ran one). Good Luck!

I got admitted into TAMU Engineering Honors today! I’m going for computer science, and I got admitted back in November for regular computer science.

My stats:
30 ACT (35 Math, 33 Reading, 26 Science, 25 English) with a 8/12 essay
Top 14% of my class (my school does not rank)
4.22 Weighted GPA
3.71 Unweighted GPA
Sent a 7 page expanded resume with my extracurricular activities and multiple leaderships pertaining to my major
Sent 1 Letter of recommendation from my 11th grade Honors Pre-Calculus Teacher

Mail me if you have any questions.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back! May January be a great month for acceptances!! Can someone take a look at my applicants stats on page 35 please? Could use some positive thoughts! I know her SAT is lower average, but it is what it is! A lot of great, smart kids just don’t test well. Praying A&M sees beyond that and really looks at her character, hard work, accomplishments etc. Thanks!!

@Shadowsych, all engineering students are admitted to general engineering. You will apply to computer science in the spring of your freshman year through the ETAM (Entry To A Major) program. Congrats to you – enjoy your time at A&M.

@lydia2022 WOW your stats are good but your ECs and dedication and strength in starting new organizations is exemplary! I hope TAMU snatches you up! You will be a great addition to the Aggie family!

@prayingforaggie3 I went and looked at stats. The only thing, as you said, that is less than average is her SAT. Did she take the ACT? My son did much better on ACT than SAT and he also took the residual ACT at TAMU. Her ECs and grades are great. If her essays stand out, I think she has an excellent chance of full admit! Hopefully you will hear soon!!!

@praying for Aggie3: Looking at your daughters stats, I would think that she would at least be offered Blinn-TEAM. You mention that her sibs were Blinn (CC or TEAM? ) and she doesn’t want to go to Blinn so does that mean that she would rather go to Baylor instead of accepting a Blinn-TEAM offer? Just curious as to why she doesn’t want Blinn if her sibs have successfully made the transition to TAMU.

I currently have a very happy daughter who just finished her first Semester on Blinn-TEAM. We have friends with current HS Seniors who are asking for info on TAMU, Blinn-TEAM and Blinn CC so any info could be helpful for them.

My daughter:
Application Date:9/1
GPA and Class Rank: 4.95.5.0 n/a
ACT Composite 30
SAT 1320
College applied for: Science
Major in that College: Zoology Pre-Vet
ECs: Varsity cheer 1 year Varsity gymnastics all 4 years NHS Community Ambassador National Hispanic Scholar
Did you do all 3 essays:1
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? 10 AP classes with 3 or better since Freshmen year
In state/Out of State: In state
Current Status on AIS: Accepted by A&M 10/31
We didn’t do early decision.
Already accepted offer and applied for dorms already.
No she wouldn’t accept Blinn or Blinn Team–It was TAMU or SHSU only!

By the way those of you still waiting to hear—my daughter received information on joining corps about 2 weeks before notice went out to her — so if you get that its a good sign!
And she got an email a few days before the banner of acceptance came in the mail.

@AggieMomhelp Thank you! She did take the ACT but it was not her test at all… took it 2 times with no change in her score. Comparing her SAT/ACT on comparison charts her SAT was much higher. Hoping her essays stand out!!

@AggieMomAgain She would happily accept Blinn Team!! Her siblings were straight Blinn and transferred. Older daughter was offered PSA but chose to spend a year at Blinn to begin her life in College Station. My son did not apply to A&M as a freshman and went straight to Blinn. It worked out great and both are very happy at A&M! It is different being straight Blinn because you do not have the Aggie privileges, but it is certainly worth it. Both of my older Aggies (senior & sophomore) lived in an off Camus dorm while at Blinn. My son spent 2 years at Blinn and my daughter 1 before transferring. I highly recommend Blinn for a year for any student who does not get an offer and wants to transfer. Its a great school and a great college transition. It is harder than some other Junior Colleges… The PTA route is a great transfer option from any Texas Junior College https://admissions.tamu.edu/PTA . Because she did get into Baylor and Texas Tech (possibly honors) she is not wanting to go straight Blinn and transfer (at this time) if she does not get an acceptance to attend A&M. I just don’t think she wants to think about the what if’s right now. Praying she does not have to!

Around what time in the mornings do results usually get posted?

no news yet :frowning: however my howdy portal did show that it was last updated this morning around 7am, hoping that is a sign of good news soon!