TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

Is it a good sign if it says at the bottom of my Howdy that it was updated today?

My son’s Howdy was also updated today.

mine too! hoping this is good news!

Can anyone chance my kiddo? Suspense is killing us!!! Gig 'em!

Application Date: 7/5
GPA and Class Rank: 3.5. Non-ranking high school. TAMU assigned me 2nd Quarter.
SAT: 1320
College applied for: Architecture
Major in that College: (#1) Construction Science (#2) Ag Business
ECs:
Hundreds of volunteer hours with local police department and Amigos at school
Varsity athlete in baseball and football
Lifeguard for 3 years
All-state and District academic athlete
Certified Firefighter

Did you do all 3 essays: Yes
In state/Out of State: In state
Current Status on AIS: Complete and Under Review.

Strongly Considering Corps of Cadets.

Thanks and good luck to all!

@CrazyMom23 With the knowledge from this forum, if anyone is above the first quarter of the class it KIND OF degrades your chances. However, I personally believe you kid has a decent shot.

@CrazyMom23 I hate when they rank you. So yes that is a mark against, but I also think admissions sees that it’s a non ranking school so hopefully that doesn’t weigh as much, but I’m not sure. Sat score is good and above Tamu avg!!! ECs are good too but not in the desired major. Not sure that matters tho! Without the ranking, I say there’s a strong chance of admit! I spoke with someone in admissions yesterday (a friend) and I know they are about to hit the ground running on admissions since deadline has finally passed!!! Yay

FYI not to be a buzz kill, but my sons howdy updated as well, however he was admitted in December so not sure it means anything. When he was admitted, his Howdy didn’t show updated at the bottom. Keep the hope alive, but know they are just now really diving into holistic review admits. So much time ahead and the wait is excruciating.

how can you see if your portal was updated recently?

how can you see if your portal was updated recently?

For those of you waiting to hear from holistic reviews, I wish you luck and I have felt your pain of anticipating. My daughter applied last year (12% of class, 3.92 weighted GPA, 30ACT composite, 1360 SAT-however 640 in English so she didn’t qualify for auto admit, applied in sept with hundreds of hours of community service and extra curricular) after a LONG wait, she heard beginning of February that she got Blinn team. She ended up turning it down (another university gave her a full admit with $). Good luck to all

Wow @tigger68 - She had great stats. Unfortunate she did not get in. Where is she in school now?

In the Howdy portal, under Manage Applications, my son’s is not working. It’s giving an Error. Is anyone else experiencing this?

My son’s is working fine. He has already accepted admission so not sure if that makes a difference. You might try using a different browser or cleaning out your temp files.

@CyMom4, my son’s “manage applications” page gets an error every time in Chrome browser, but it does work in Explorer.

Thank you!!

@tigger68 Those stats are stellar. I cannot believe she didn’t get in. That’s really frustrating. I probably would have appealed. They must have overlooked her (it happens). She should have been accepted first round of holistic reviews last year. So sorry for that disappointment. I hope she is super happy and excelling where ever she ended up!

When did you get your UIN: September 15
When did you receive your admission decision: still waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Business
Class Rank: 2nd quarter
SAT: 1270 (700 math)
extracurriculars: 4 sports all four years, over 200 service hours, NHS
GPA: 4.15(weighted) 3.43(unweighted)

@GoAggie526 2nd quarter hurts but your math score is really good! Business is for sure closed… Only automatics and academic admits got in from what I was told from a person in Mays as well as Admissions. What is the 2nd choice major?

@AggieMomhelp How about Engineering? Do you know if it is closed?

@GManmom123 Engineering is not closed. Barely any of the review admits have gotten in yet and many early action applicants still haven’t heard.