TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@aggiemomhelp oh shoot! I was actually ranked 1st quarter by A&M. I mistyped. Are you sure Mays is closed?

@GManmom123 as evon1234 said… eng is not closed. They have a totally different approach which I wish Mays did!!! So no worries!

@GoAggies526 yes… sadly I’m sure Mays is closed. What is your second choice? And yay for first quarter rank… makes a big difference.

She ended up going to Colorado State. She wanted a school that had a vet program, and since a&M is the only one in Texas, she looked outside the state. They ended up giving her enough scholarship to bring it down to in state tuition.

She actually knew 3 other people, similar stats, that fell in the same boat she did. Supposedly, last year they had record number of top ten applicants, and hey just ran out of spots by the time they finished those. From what I saw last year, they processed all the engineering and business ones before her major, biology.

I was just emailed that the rest of the review decisions will be released when they’re all done. And they say most likely mid- to late February.

@AggieMomhelp communication

@tigger68 that really stinks about those students, especially when I know several as well that had terrible stats but got in in February. Sometimes it just makes no sense, but it all works out in the end. Happy she found her spot in Colorado! Definitely a great school and beautiful campus!

@victorelectric HOLY Cow… that doesn’t seem right at all, does it? Let the waiting game continue! Hang in there everyone. At lease there’s safety in numbers! = )

If I got accepted to UT Dallas for Software Engineering, do y’all think I have a chance at Texas A&M?

@GoAggies526 you would be wise to contact admissions and ask yourself if your major is still available to any review admits

@victorelectric That does not sound right

I got a reply from A&M on Twitter saying that they will be rolling out decisions Jan. And Feb. With the goal of getting most of them out by Aggieland Saturday on Feb 10.

Gosh I hope that’s true and we start finding out this month. :-S

Hi there- I’ve been following along for some time and have learned so much! Thought I would add my D’s stats, join the wait and possibly get some honest feedback- although I’m guessing the answer already and know she is a long shot with grades and scores but hoping the other 50% has some weight…plus it never hurts to try:)

Application Date: 12/4/17
GPA and Class Rank: 3.64 bottom of 2nd quarter: 260/567 in competitive school (but aren’t they all? lol)
ACT Composite: 22
SAT: 1040
Advanced classes: 4 AP, 4 Pre-AP

College applied for: 1. Liberal Arts 2. Education and Human Development
Major in that College: 1. International Studies 2. Interdisciplinary studies- Early Childhood Education

ECs:
Cheerleading: {Captain- 12, 10, 8} {Social Captain- 11, 9, 7}
National Charity League: {300+ service hours at many organizations including organizing food drives, making over 50 handmade blankets for hospitalized children} {Leadership Roles within: Parliamentarian, Council Rep, Chaired several committees}
Theatre/National Thespian Society 3 years {advanced acting, had supporting role in major play as well as numerous small roles}
Volunteer Drill Team Assistant Coach {75 service hours}
Volunteer Youth Camp Work Crew {360 service hours}

3 Jobs including: restaurant hostess, private cheer coach, babysitter

Did you do all 3 essays: Yes - 3 hopefully strong essays

What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process?
*750+ total community service hours
*Distinctions and Awards:
-3x Presidential Volunteer National Service Award Recipient {Gold, Bronze, Silver}
-Numerous other service awards (5 national, 4 local)
-3 Cheerleader awards: (Most Inspirational, Congeniality and Leadership)
-2x ‘I am 3rd’ award

In state/Out of State: In state

Current Status on AIS: In review

Here are a few questions I have:
*ACT: she took it for 1st time yesterday at TAMU after learning about that option here!!! thank you for the suggestion!!! …wish we would have found out about it sooner and would have prepped for it bc not sure if that score will count against her now since it might just confirm low test scores ?

*she recently started new job (training to be manager /certified trainer at local gym… this is not currently on submitted info… would it matter now and be worth submitting an updated resume to include??)

*LOR’s: 1. Had a verbal from a prominent alum that he was writing her LOR and mailing it to her…thought we would have received it last week but still haven’t- she will upload if it arrives today or tomorrow; but will it really make a difference? Also regarding the Jan 10 deadline for submission…if it normally takes a day or 2 for uploaded documents to show as received, will they count as long as uploaded by end of day Jan 10?
2. Would all LOR’s show up under received documents? A teacher supposedly submitted one for her a while back but I don’t see it anywhere

• tabs on Howdy: “Library” tab at the top...I don’t remember seeing it until now...does it appear on everyone’s home page right from the start?

*invitation from CORP:
sorry if this has already been answered- someone mentioned receiving an application in the mail to apply for the CORP a few weeks after submitting their application online and then a few weeks later they received their acceptance. My daughter received a CORP app as well and I’m wondering if this is a standard thing they send to everyone ? Note- she answered No to the “interested in CORP” question on app

Sorry for the book!! Thanks for your helpful insight…I’m almost all caught up reading all the way through and now checking daily for new comments :slight_smile: yikes - will be a long next few months if I keep this up!!

My howdy updated again today around 11.

@hopefulintexas first and foremost, your daughter sounds like such a service hearted and minded young woman. You should feel extremely proud! In her essays did she address low rank (low by tamu standards not mine)? Test score being what they are, hopefully she went up a point or two with this last one at Tamu!! Should see it posted to AIS probably tomorrow under scores! Luckily they round up. My son got a 26.25 and they gave him a 27. He ended up redoing national test and got a 28 but I thought it was cool that Tamu gives them that edge! Hardest part about residual test is not being able to write on it! Hopefully you saw that info beforehand on here and she knew going in!

Best of luck! Sounds like she will be an asset to any school but hope we get her here in Aggieland!!! Please keep us posted!

Oh as for your other questions… my son did not get corps email so not sure what or if it means anything. Yes library tab is on there at the very top for all. LOR won’t hurt but not sure how much it helps either. If teacher submitted, it should show received. You can call admissions and they will check!

@AggieMomhelp thank you so much for your kind words and for answering my questions!

Unfortunately, 22 is her ACT score from the other day at TAMU - it showed up on AIS the next morning! That was her first time ever taking it and did absolutely nothing to prepare for it, as it was very last minute decision !! - so it is what it is !

She did address low class rank in the additional information question on application rather than in essay.

Received the LOR today and uploaded -even though it probably won’t make a difference!

Thanks again for your reply! I’ll post any updates we get :slight_smile:

@TXagghopeful1 My son’s updated, too. What does that mean? Still being reviewed?

My howdy updated on 8th january at 5:42 pm.Does that mean anything? What does it mean that your howdy has been updated? Does it mean that they saw my file again or just a random system update?

@TXagghopeful1 Is that ALL review applicants or engineering?