TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@whoop2022 My daughter submitted her TAMU application on the Sunday after Thanksgiving of 2016 and received her Blinn-TEAM offer on Feb. 14, 2017.

I have started a thread: TAMU Blinn-TEAM : Fall 2017 parent perspective which covers a lot of her journey.

Good luck!

Many people are telling me that they are accepting lots of people tomorrow because they have been sending them out the 3rd Friday of the month. Thoughts?

Just found out today… have gotten in everywhere I applied except tamu.

@Trommald: Please don’t give up hope, how many applications do the other schools get and how many of them have a delay due to a Hurricane? I realize that the wait is very difficult but please try not to stress too much. Your scores are phenomenal! You sound like you are well prepared for the rigor of TAMU and I just believe that you will receive a full admit offer. Every time I see your name on a post I am hoping that it is good news! Please hang in there! :slight_smile:

so just wondering, can you resubmit your transcript? like the one with the grades of the first semester of your senior year?

Yes but is had to be submitted by Jan 10 I believe. Too late to submit anything now

@whoop2022 I thought that too but I got in on 1/11 which was a Thursday wave. So I’m guessing they just send waves once they get completed like @ckmyd234 said.

Can someone please give me some idea of my chances of getting accepted.

GPA and Class Rank: 3.536 & 3.636 (college 4 point) / 63/323 (20%) Quartile: 1
ACT Composite: 21
SAT: 1120
College applied for: Agriculture & Life Science
Major in that College: Biochemistry
ECs: Drill Team, Student Council (senior advisor), Spanish club, SNHS(officer),NHS, studio dancer 7+ years, FFA
Did you do all 3 essays:Yes
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process?-> I am very passionate about what I do and always do as much as I can to help others while also learning about myself.
In state/Out of State:In state
Current Status on AIS:Complete and in review

@HopefulAg22 What was your major?

@Ethanforum1234 biology

@tamayadixon Using my daughter back in 2015, y’all have almost exact stats. Your ACT is one point higher than her/ She got PSA but didn’t except. She ended up at Oklahoma State and transferred here her Sophomore year and all is right with the world! So regardless of what you get, there are definitely ways to get here! Best of luck and I pray you get what you want!

@AggieMomhelp Thank you so much!

Was there a wave yesterday (January 19th)??

I don’t think there was. Nothing on this forum, no social media announcements. Didn’t hear about any kids in my daughters class getting acceptances. Hopefully next week! Since offices were closed Monday and Tuesday it probably set them back.

true! i didn’t think about the office closure. praying for next week!

Hi could anyone chance me please?

Application Date: 10/13/17
GPA and Class Rank: 4.03 weighted, not top 25%, took multiple AP & pre-AP classes
ACT Composite: 32
SAT: 1460
College applied for: Liberal Arts
Major in that College: Economics
ECs: Varsity Debate (4 years)-debate captain (2 years), competed on the national and state circuit multiple times; Future business leaders of America (3 years)- got first at state 2017, qualified for/competed at nationals, national honor society, science national honor society, French club, interact club, local library volunteering, church volunteering, other local volunteering, worked for a summer.
Did you do all 3 essays: no :frowning:
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process?- I hope that my work in debate makes me stand out
In state/Out of State: in state
Current Status on AIS: complete and in review

oops I applied on the 17th, not the 13th

Is there a certain day of the week that they release decisions? Or is it all spontaneous…

@mehr21 I think your chances are excellent. However, my son has very similar stats and has not received acceptance yet and he applied 7/1.

GPA and Class Rank: 3.64 Unweighted
ACT Composite: 25
SAT: 1170
College applied for: Science
Major in that College: Biology
ECs: 3 year varsity football, Volunteering on weekends at my church,
Did you do all 3 essays:Yes
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process?-> My Essays and and my personal story
In state/Out of State:Out of State
Current Status on AIS: Complete and in review
Application submitted: 11/25/17