TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

I sent in my transcript last month and they’re still processing it. Anyone else having a similar issue? Also I applied to the liberal arts college for fall, anyone know when we will hear back?

@Adam666 The gentlemen I talked to said that they are hoping to get all decision out by May (unless they ask for you to submit your spring grades). If you have to submit your spring grades, he said they are hoping to get decisions out by mid June. Again, during the entire conversation he kept saying “hopefully,” “we are doing our best to…,” etc. All of it is just speculation but at least it is somewhat of a rough timeline. He also stated that there are a few departments that are behind in their admissions process. He specifically told me that Aerospace Engineering (my first choice major) and Computer Science were behind but didn’t name any others. Hope this helps!

@charlestmoore15 Are you planning on transferring in the Fall or Summer? I’m hoping to be considered for a terry transfer scholarship as well. What does you AIS page say?

I applied for summer of this year. I got an email a few weeks ago asking to fill out an application for the Terry Transfer Scholarship. Hopefully that is a good sign that I will get accepted! My AIS page still says my application is complete and in review.

What do they look at when it comes to the Terry Transfer Scholarship? And if we haven’t heard anything about it by now, is there a chance we still could?

@dover30 I honestly couldn’t tell you anything about the timeline for that scholarship. You can find more info on the Terry Scholarship website. If you google it, it should come right up. To my knowledge, they are still sending out applications for the scholarship so just keep your fingers crossed!

Howdy, new to posting on this forum. I figured I would join in on the conversation.

Transfer Applicant
GPA:3.67
STEM Courses: 4.0
Major: Aerospace

8 years Army. Got some pretty good news a few days ago from an advisor. Now I am just waiting on my AIS to update. I will let y’all know when/if it does.

@reconn78 What all did you academic advisor say? Also, what advisor did you contact? Any names, numbers, or emails would be greatly appreciated. I am applying for Aerospace as well. Coming from a Marine Reservist, thank you for your service.

@charlestmoore15 I shot it over to you in a message. I do not recall the name, it wasn’t the advisor I normally talk with.

@charlestmoore15 @reconn78 could you guys forward this message to me. I’m also applying for aerospace. Also My AIS says my app under review but I can’t see my audit report yet!

Was anyone asked for spring grades or know anyone that was ?

@Mcuz314 I had the same problem but I checked today and it says they’ve processed it and my app is in review so you may want to check again.

@charlestmoore15 Hey do you know if Computer Science includes Electrical Engineering (CS Track) and Computer Engineering (CS Track)? I actually applied as a transfer for Computer Science.
Thanks.

@semacedonio The gentlemen that I talked to just stated that Aerospace Engineering and Computer Science were behind. He wasn’t any more specific than that. I’d love to answer your question but from the information I was given, I can’t be 100% sure!

Hoping that we might get some decisions this week! Wishing everyone and their families a Happy Easter. God Bless

Anybody get any good news following the Easter weekend? I am incessantly checking my AIS page! Haha

I talked with someone at admissions today, they said that they do mass updates of AIS every 48 hours or so. I have a feeling we will get news in mass numbers.

Nothing yet. Talked to a few advisors today and I kept getting mixed information. Some said that Summer applicants should know by the end of this week and some said that we won’t know until the end of April. Trying not to get my hopes up for this week but I am checking AIS like 10 times a day now lol.

Whoop! My AIS updated at about 1000 today! I got accepted into Aerospace Engineering, Summer 2016! Good luck everyone! :smiley:

Looks like Aerospace didn’t want me. AIS updated and I am being reviewed for Industrial Distribution now. Anyone know how difficult it would be to transfer to Aero if I am accepted for Industrial Distribution?

@charlestmoore15 I’m sorry you didn’t get accepted, but do you mind telling me if you applied for Summer or Fall ?