The Official "I Got In!" Thread

<p>surf: wow, the only thing I can think of is your GPA. did you include a school profile in your app? if you did, they should've known how competitive it is. gl with wherever you end up.</p>

<p>IN IN IN IN IN IN IN! (sorry, I'm just a little excited)
Got in Wednesday, 11/30
31 ACT
3.8 GPA UW
Top 11% of class
Gifted and Talented, Honors, and AP Courses throughout high school
In state legacy
Submitted 9/21, app became complete on 10/18
Intended major = English</p>

<p>congratulations kimu!! you'd been waiting far too long!</p>

<p>Hooray kimu08!</p>

<p>awesome kimu! go badgers!</p>

<p>thank you!!!</p>

<p>I can't believe how few people have posted!!!! hey you out there...even if you've been deferrred...post...this is ONE SKIMPY THREAD!!!!! Such a big school...so many browsers...come on join in...let's get some excitement going here...little BADGER PRIDE!!!!! WHO HOOOOO.....Halloween....sledding on lunch trays....parties.....ahhhhh intellectual FUN people....our own LAKE....
BIG 10 Football (beatin Michigan big 10 football!!!!!) Horray for KIMU UWM poster child for patience and optimism!!!!</p>

<p>ok i know this doesn't go into this thread, but in response to kimus good news, i finally got moved from "being prepared for review" to "reviewing your application". i know this doesn't mean much, and i'll still be waiting for quite a while longer (i applied 10/5, they sent a reply card for my transcripts 10/29, they finally found them !!) but it still means one thing: </p>

<p>they're starting to move with these applications and hopefully soon, plenty of people will be able to post good news on this thread!! good luck and congrats to all of you again!</p>

<p>I found out I got accepted on Thanksgiving.</p>

<p>My ACT was 31
GPA = 4.0
Full IB Diploma Programme Student
Rank is like top 8% I think, I don't remember the exact number. (out of 600 or 700 though)
I'm from Minnesota too by the way.</p>

<p>That's what I'm talkin about! Congrats Carlson you apply ED somewhere else?</p>

<p>Congrats Carlson Hope to see you there</p>

<p>I got in!!!!</p>

<p>Sometime between this morning and this afternoon, they changed my status! Really working around the clock over there in Madison, and I'm grateful!</p>

<p>No GPA or Class Rank (Small, private school)
Grade average: B+/A-
2260 SAT (800 CR, 700 M, 760 W)</p>

<p>Thanks for listening to my gripes!!!!</p>

<p>haha, congrats!!!! was wisco your first choice?</p>

<p>go badgers!</p>

<p>I'm finding out tomorrow! (according to uw's admissions dept., which ive had enough problems with... waiting since 9/15) (im the guy with 3.51 gpa uw, 28 ACT, amazing ec's and recs, all AP classes)
Wisconsin was my #1 choice, and I have already been denied by 3/6 colleges I applied to... but i don't care because I want to go Madison! If I get denied by Madison(which really shouldn't happen), I will be attending Community college for a while.
I'm actually starting to think I might get postponed... but thats okay because I'd still have a chance.
I REALLY hope to see all you in the fall, as BADGERS! And good luck and congrats to all you who are IN! I'll post on my results ASAP!</p>

<p>good luck, hope it all worked out. Just remember that Wisco is very numbers-oriented, so it ishard to overcome a low GPA. But it will all work out, keep faith in yourself! good luck!</p>

<p>I was denied today. I hope they know how hard I worked just to go there, and how enthusiastic I was about going there.</p>

<p>I'm so sorry, nice guy.</p>

<p>Thanks... I appreciate it. I found out during 4th period today (my teacher was nice enough to let me check in front of my whole class), and being an 18y.o. guy, I was half-bawling in front of my entire class, but they were awesome about it. After my classes today, I just drove around Minneapolis and the U of M campus (which also denied me) and thought about it all, and realized that maybe I don't belong at Wisconsin. I might transfer for 2010-2011, but I sort of hate Madison now. (hehe)
So... everyone who got in: Have a GREAT time being a badger, and take your experience to the fullest. You have no idea how lucky you really are.
Thanks!</p>

<p>damn im sorry to hear that man...I dont know how Minnesota denied you tho...I got Postponed with lower stats than yours. Maybe you applied to a school (within the school) or program that takes more to get into?
You can always apply to other good OOS schools if you can afford them or transfer. Either way, GOOD LUCK!</p>

<p>P.S
well, I guess my chances for madison are slim considering niceguy was denied. Lets hope for a miracle.</p>

<p>justanice guy: so sorry, if i don't end up there i'd try and give my spot to you (even though it's impossible lol). still apply to some good schools man! don't get down on yourself, my brother was an awesome student with awesome stats, and he was denied from the first ELEVEN schools he applied to. The final 2 he got into were his safeties, and Berkeley (his reach, of all things), and Boston College, which he just applied to randomly. He's now at Berkeley and loving it. Apply to some private schools, ones that will read your essays and recs carefully. Good luck, and take care!</p>